Betta Fish Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
RusselltheShihTzu
21,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Welcome to the Forum.

To add photos you can click on "Quick Reply" and "Go Advanced." There you can either click on the paper clip in the tool bar or "Manage Attachments." You can upload directly from your computer or a host server with either.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The only reason I'm "against" small tanks, bowls & vases is that I'd probably end up with a room full of them!

I can't walk pass a shop selling glassware without my imagination going overdrive to all the possibilities...

·
Registered
81 Posts
That is very true but in such a small space the upkeep is a lot water changes almost every day. Even with a filter on this one I like to change my water every 4 days also keeps the algae down. I also work with bowl gardens fairy gardens.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Royal boy is actually going to be upgraded soon to a 10 Gal but this is the temporary tank I made him for the mean time to get him out of the tiny vase my mom had him in its actually a giant Cheese ballz container lol I put a little filter and heater in there he seems to be getting a lot happier already 😋

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

You've made him a nice home; no wonder he's so much happier.
Thank you very much haha Im not going to lie I kinda fell in love with the little guy would do about anything to make sure he's gonna have the best from here on lol he actually will someday have a 20 tall but rn I only have the 10 Gal heater and filter so hes going to upgrade as we go haha

·
Registered
63 Posts
My betta's silk plants came today! I put them in his tank and he seems to really like them so far. Here's the before and after:

I actually bought quite a bit more and was thinking about putting them on the left side, but Fleshy really likes to sit on top of his marimo and leaf bed, so I didn't want anything blocking those off. Plus I need space for his new filter, which should be coming in this week.

I thought it was a 2.5-gallon tank, but after using a 1-gallon bowl to change his water this past week, I realized it's probably a 1.5-gallon. 😅

He's already been swimming around among the new plants a lot, which is nice because when I added his first piece of decor - the leaf bed - he FREAKED out and avoided that side of the tank for hours. I guess he's gotten used to changes by now.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a 5.5 gallon tank and on another fish website "Fishlore" people were criticizing me for how small it was. To be honest I had two female betta fish in there. then on who was really big got stuck behind the filter😭. Now I only have Gucci the meaning of my name 😂

·
Registered
358 Posts
I have a 5.5 gallon tank and on another fish website "Fishlore" people were criticizing me for how small it was. To be honest I had two female betta fish in there. then on who was really big got stuck behind the filter😭. Now I only have Gucci the meaning of my name 😂
I'm on a betta group on FB and they say nothing under 10. I roll my eyes at that, none of mine ever get a 10 to themselves, sorry guys :p

·
Registered
34 Posts
@RussellTheShihTzu, thanks for this thread! It appears that my newest betta can't tolerate being in a larger tank, so I'm having to explore keeping him a small tank. This thread and the original post is providing lots of info and ideas!

·
RusselltheShihTzu
21,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
@RussellTheShihTzu, thanks for this thread! It appears that my newest betta can't tolerate being in a larger tank, so I'm having to explore keeping him a small tank. This thread and the original post is providing lots of info and ideas!
You're more than welcome.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts