Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone~
I was wondering if anybody had suggestions of what I could potentially put in my tank. It's a 10g with heater, bubbles, and filter. My aquarium-enthusiast boyfriend recently took some albino corys out, so I have open space now. If I do add some new fishies, I wouldn't want to wait long -- seems a little unfair to give my guy a mansion and then add roommates :(

I had tetras in there temporarily for 2 weeks and he hated them lol. Poor guy. He didn't mind the corys though. I had always wanted to get a pleco... until I learned how much tank space they need and I saw a huuuuuge one at the lfs. @[email protected]

Anyway, thanks in advance!! :)

·
Registered
852 Posts
You could do small species of Cory and work well in a 10 gallon. Here are two most common small cories:

Habrosus Cory
Corydoras pygmaeus

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
If you can't find pygmy cories, panda cories are also an option. They are bigger than the adorable pygmies, but smaller than the larger species like albinos, so I find them perfect for a 10-15 gallon tank. :)

JadeBetta...how do you have 0.2 snakes, and various other fractions of animals? Are you Frankensteining them? :p

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
Lol Bomba, it's a reptile ratio way of writing the sexes of animals. 1.2.3 snakes would mean 1 male, 2 females, 3 unknown sex, for example :p

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Mollies
Corydoras
shrimp
otos
tetras
African Dwarf Frogs

and many more :)

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
MistersMom, mollies are really not suitable for a ten gallon tank and otos are frequently too delicate.

Thank you for explaning that, Olympia. That makes a lot more sense! :p

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
i didnt even think about the 10 gallon part, just of species.... im sorry, i know otos are delicate,....

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the suggestions. Pygmy cories are absolutely adorable, and if I find those I'll definitely get some. ^^

1 - 8 of 8 Posts