Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
i just joined today!:-D

i have a 10 gallon tank and i was wondering if i can put 2 females and 1 male in the same tank?
i also have 3 female platy, 1 male, 1 female tetra and 5 gosht shrimp.:cool:

·
Registered
5,671 Posts
Welcome!

Nope. Males and females should never live together.. and 2 females living together will also cause harm/death to each other.

Your tank seems over stocked.. as well as not the proper amount of tetras.

Keep all three bettas separate from one another as you don't have enough female bettas, nor the room to appropriately keep them somewhat safe.

You can place ONE female in the 10 gallon, but would recommend rehoming the tetra as they should be in groups of 6 or more (which your tank can't handle if you have the platies and a betta in it).

Not trying to be rude.. just honest is all.. a sorority is specialized with proper care, a lot of work and a lot of failures.. and males put in with females is generally a death sentence if not removed promptly.

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
+1. A single tetra is a stressed tetra, and stressed fish are more prone to aggression and disease. I wouldn't consider getting bettas until you have 6 tetras, which will overstock your ten gallon somewhat.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
male betta + female betta = possible spawn + injured if not dead fish

with bettas females can be every bit as aggressive as males.

·
Registered
23 Posts
+1. A single tetra is a stressed tetra, and stressed fish are more prone to aggression and disease. I wouldn't consider getting bettas until you have 6 tetras, which will overstock your ten gallon somewhat.
+2 I had a school of 5 neon tetras, and I lost one to an unknown ailment (It may have been neon tetra disease considering the symptoms, fortunately it didn't affect any other fish since I removed the affected fish promptly) even with just 4, the remaining ones went into hiding in a corner in what could be described as cowering. I went out later that day and got two more and the school returned to normal.

5 is the minimum, 6 is recommended, highly!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts