·
Registered
4,666 Posts
I would aim for something along the lines of
-6 boraras brigittae, or ember tetras
-6 Corydoras pygmaeus
-5 cherry shrimp
As there are a few problems with the list you've provided

I think that while a 10 gallon filtered, planted, and has a regular schedule of water changes can hold the bio load of these fish, it's not ideal to have them in long term as you won't see there full potential,in a larger tank of around 15 gallons, minimum of 20 inches they will be very active and all over the tank while they are in a 10 gallon they won't be as active, and won't color up as much

It would also be benificial to spefify on which type of Corydoras you are speaking of, there is a wide range if cories, some great for a tank of your sizes, others not. Also you would need sand to keep them as gravel can irritate there bellies, leading to fungal infections, and ware away there barbles. Leaving them very unhappy

It would also be benificial to specify on what one of shrimp as some can be harmful towards the cories and the other fish, they can be eaten by the other fish, and can be too big for a tank of that size

·
Registered
785 Posts
I am a little biased because I absolutely love neon tetras, I have 5 of them and 3 ghost shrimp with my betta. In a 10 gallon with lots of plants.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Get too big IMO, I would just go with the one that was recommended by moderator

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
I agree with moderator, though I should warn you that borasus brigittae are pretty darn delicate. However, if your water is right for them, you could also consider borasus maculata. If it isn't, have a look at Endler's Livebearers. These guys are easily my favourite kind of livebearers and the pure strains have the most incredible colours. Mine are a fantastic mix of orange, blue, green, yellow and red, all over their tiny bodies. I would go with 4 males. :)

If you wanted other cory options, I would suggest corydoras habrosus or hastatus, depending on what your water is like, or corydoras panda (a bit bigger and more delicate, but extremely cute).

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I agree with moderator, though I should warn you that borasus brigittae are pretty darn delicate. However, if your water is right for them, you could also consider borasus maculata. If it isn't, have a look at Endler's Livebearers. These guys are easily my favourite kind of livebearers and the pure strains have the most incredible colours. Mine are a fantastic mix of orange, blue, green, yellow and red, all over their tiny bodies. I would go with 4 males. :)

If you wanted other cory options, I would suggest corydoras habrosus or hastatus, depending on what your water is like, or corydoras panda (a bit bigger and more delicate, but extremely cute).
Thank you for the help the panda cory is so cute I think Im getting a good idea of what I want

·
Registered
583 Posts
I would get around 5 cherry shrimp

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
Ghosties are bigger and have little claws. They are scavengers more than algae eaters.
Cherries are smaller, easire to sex (IMHO) and easier to breed. Ghost shrimp will breed just fine, but raising the shrimplets is hard. Cherry shrimplets take care of themslves. :) They are also a combination of scavengers and algae eaters - they do a bit of both. :)

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ghosties are bigger and have little claws. They are scavengers more than algae eaters.
Cherries are smaller, easire to sex (IMHO) and easier to breed. Ghost shrimp will breed just fine, but raising the shrimplets is hard. Cherry shrimplets take care of themslves. :) They are also a combination of scavengers and algae eaters - they do a bit of both. :)
Nice!!!! :) I like that they do doble the job. I'm getting cherrys for my tank would 5 be ok? Or is that to much

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
What are the other planned fish to be plac with them. You may or may not have enough space fr 5, they also breed profiously. So you'll end up with a lot more

1 - 20 of 29 Posts