Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning 12 rehabilitated rescues (males and females) were sent of to their new homes, so that left me with some open space, so to petsmart I went, haha.

Here's the first boy I got, an adorable little red halfmoon boy, he's skinny with some nasty fin rot, but he's eating and active and I think he'll make a full recovery. Meet Micah

And this boy was in petsmart when I was there 2 weeks ago, I wanted him so bad! But told myself that he was healthy and gorgeous and that someone would take him home! I was so surprised when I went back today and he was still there... but now he's showing signs of swimbladder and he's severely shedding his slime coat, poor guy, I should have gotten him the first time I saw him... Meet Jack

·
Registered
608 Posts
Aw, where did the rehabilited ones go? I just got a Petco rescue and he is "ok" .. . but not as lively as I had hoped. He is a little bit pathetic actually. What is oyur rehab routine? I did: water temperature, aquarium salt, Novaquel/Amquell (or whatever they are called), live plant, betta food and freeze dried bloodworms (which he does not seem to know what to do with). It's only been a few days but .. . he doesn't seem as excited as I was that he was "rescued" . . ha ha.

I wish I could have as many bettas as you! I think I am addicted.

·
Registered
608 Posts
"And this boy was in petsmart when I was there 2 weeks ago, I wanted him so bad! But told myself that he was healthy and gorgeous and that someone would take him home! I was so surprised when I went back today and he was still there... but now he's showing signs of swimbladder and he's severely shedding his slime coat, poor guy, I should have gotten him the first time I saw him... Meet Jack"
-------------------------
You'd be surprised- I have a Petco 5 minutes from me and I have been taking notice- there are some beautiful or interesting bettas there I thought would be snapped up. They are still there, it's been at least 2 weeks. I think from now on I will rescue whichever one I like best, not just take the most pathetic one.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Oh my goodness, I think we have like. The exact same betta.

This is Taffler. I was scrolling down the page and I was like 'WOW, HOLD UP A SEC'.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
More pictures of them! They both ate some Omega One pellets and are doing well! The amazing this is that 2 hours ago Jack was on his side unable to right him self or swim to the bottom, literally that was 2 hours ago... now look at him

Jack

Micah

·
Registered
608 Posts
You're not Nurse Betty, you're Nurse Betta . ...

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Some more updates on these 2 and a couple others!

Sparkles day 9 - He's been very very slow to improve, but he's starting to get there. He's finally eating, putting on some sort of weight. The fin rot finally cleared up, and I think he's going to be ok!

Loki day 1 - I saw this boy at petsmart yesterday and left him there.. but I couldn't stop thinking about him, so naturally today I went back and got him!

Jack day 2 - He's doing well, no more swimbladder issues, eating well and flaring at anything that moves!!

Micah day 2 - he just had lunch and is doing splendid! I love this little fish so much already! The fin rot is starting to clear up, I can't wait for his tail to start growing back!! ♥

·
Registered
283 Posts
Good job for rescuing them! I'm glad to see improvement in their health!

·
Registered
608 Posts
This kind of thing warms my heart. At least there are some good people in the world. :)

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
They are so cute and they look happy

1 - 12 of 12 Posts