Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I need suggestions for a 20 gallon fish tank that isn't super expensive. Is it even possible to get one that's under 50 bucks? I don't really want to spend that much if it can be avoided. And it doesn't need to be an aquarium kit, but preferably with a lid and light. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
23,872 Posts
Wait for the next PetSmart $1.00 per gallon sale and go from there is your best bet.

Zilla hinged screen hoods aren't very expensive: Zilla - Where Reptiles Rule » Fresh Air Screen Cover (with center hinge) | Products

TruAqua is giving Betta Fish members 20% off through the end of the year on their IF series filters: Aquarium Internal Filter IF-204

The light will be the most expensive part: Pet Supplies, Dog Supplies, Cat Supplies, Pet Meds & Pet Products - Search Results for fluorescent strip light

Or, as NiQ suggests, you could watch Craig's List.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Petco has a dollar per gallon sale every few months. I got my 20g long for $20, with a free filter included. Otherwise, Craigslist, thrift stores, and garage sales are a good bet - just make sure you really examine the tank before you pay money.

Unfortunately, the Petco tanks don't come with a hood or lights. If you're looking for cheap lights, you can get a couple of $10 clip on lights at Walmart and put in daylight CFLs. Works nicely for plants, or non-planted tanks. You can make a $2 lid out of craft mesh.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.