Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 20L gallon with a male betta and a small school of cory cats. It is around 75 degrees Fahrenheit, and there are 2 filters: An Aqueon QuietFlow 20 and a Tetra Whisper 10i. The betta is very calm (curious, but once he realizes it isn't food he leaves it alone) and gets along fine with his cory companions. I have checked AqAdvisor.com many times, but I can't decide which schooling fish I'd like to add. My top three choices are:
Harlequin Rasboras (Trigonostigma hetermorpha)- I like these because I have read that they live in the same habitat as bettas in the wild.
Black Neon Tetras (Hyphessobrycon herbertaxelrodi)-I love the colors of these guys, not too bright like the blue Neons, but still very pretty.
Ember Tetras (Hyphessobrycon amandae)- I heard that these guys are great with bettas, and they are very pretty. Unfortunately I've yet to find them in a pet store.

Any suggestions for which of these is the best/worst would be greatly appreciated, as well as recommendations for anything that would better suit the tank.

Thank you!

·
RusselltheShihTzu
21,461 Posts
Welcome to the Forum! :wave:

I have a 20 long with a Betta, Amano Shrimp, Ember Tetras, Neon Tetras, Galaxy Rasbora, Habrosus Cory, Green Neon Tetra and, soon, Vampire, Bamboo and Sakura Red Shrimp. I'm not uncomfortable with a 20 long with this much stocking as I would be with a tall tank.

While overstocked the tank is heavily planted with live plants and I am also over-filtered. There is one HOB filter rated for 40 gallons @132GPH, two internals rated for 40 gallons @119GPH each and one corner internal rated for 20 gallons @60GPH. There is method to my madness: I have eight tanks and if I ever need a cycled filter I have one. You just never know when one is going to conk out. My husband says the real reason is so I get another tank. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts