Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you may know, I have a 29 gallon tank with an angelfish and a guppy. I know, I never added any more guppies, but I'm not sure they are something I really want to get into (sorry, guppy!).

I had a bristlenose pleco for a couple months, but she never ate anything except driftwood, never grew, and died. Yesterday.

I think plecos are cool but I don't know if I should get another one. Maybe my tank conditions aren't right for a pleco. I don't want to just keep killing plecos.

So, does anyone have any suggestions as to what fish would do well in my tank? It is a 29 gallon (30inL×12inW×18inH) and I keep the temperature at around 80*F. I don't really like schooling fish so not any of those please.

Also, is it just my experience, or are female betta much more hyper than the males? (I know this Q isn't "other fish" but I didn't want to start a whole new thread).

-Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
18,332 Posts
It depends on how large the Angel Fish? Are you going to keep it even when it's full-sized or close to?

This Angelfish site recommends at least four Angels. No Forum so it is okay to link.

About Angelfish

With so many available color/pattern variations an Angel Fish-only tank would be quite pretty.

You could have regular-sized Cory. Maybe also try another Pleco?

Oh, and, no, I don't find females any more active than Plakat.

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It depends on how large the Angel Fish? Are you going to keep it even when it's full-sized or close to?

This Angelfish site recommends at least four Angels. No Forum so it is okay to link.

About Angelfish

With so many available color/pattern variations an Angel Fish-only tank would be quite pretty.

You could have regular-sized Cory. Maybe also try another Pleco?

Oh, and, no, I don't find females any more active than Plakat.
Oh no. Well I don't have any prior experience with Angelfish, but based on all the research I have done, other sources say that they don't need to be with other Angelfish.

He isn't a baby, but isn't fully grown. His body, without any fins, is about 2.5 in in diameter. I am excited for him to be fully grown and I want him for his whole lifespan.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts