Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well fellow Betta lover's. I upgraded Cobalt's tank to this 3 gallon acrylic. I hate acrylic because it's incredibly easy to scratch, and very hard to take really good pic's. Anywho he looked pretty cramped in that one gallon bowl I had him in, and I didn't want him to have to stay in there until November for my own selfish reasons (hating acrylic). Settling with this until I can purchase the 3 gallon seemless glass bowl I want off of amazon. So here he is happily exploring his new, much larger habitat. I used to keep ADF's in here, miss those cute little amphibians sometimes lol. Hope you like my setup, pretty simple, may add another low plant and some more moss balls later for more depth. Thanks for looking!:)

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
OOOH! I love it! The decor is SO pretty!! I'm sure he's very happy in it!

·
Registered
515 Posts
Aw, I'm so glad you figured something out for him.

He looks like he has such a big personality!

If you want a free/cheapish background, I find pretty scrapbook paper, or similar decorative paper, sheath it in Glad clingwrap, which I already have around the house, and then tape it to the back of the tank.

I think a background makes them feel a bit more secure, like nobody is sneaking up on them from behind, plus I just like the look of having one--although I've seen some really pretty tanks that don't.

Oh, another thing I've done is cut up a cheap decorative gift bag or shopping bag that has a scene on it I like, tape that to the back.

Just a couple tips, in case you did want one.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
I love that tank, I have my VT Sammy in it. Cobalt is gorgeous, reminds me of my late VT Jasper. (SIP little buddy)

·
Registered
10 Posts
That's actually the tank I'm looking into getting. That's the Marineland 3 gallon crescent right? Do you have the stock filter in it or did you put a different one in there? Just curious.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's the tetra cube 3 gallon. I do not have a filter at all, I hated the stock filter and my dwarf frogs were much happier without it. Other than the crappy filter this tank is really awesome, LED's are super bright. Just take care to not scratch it.

That's actually the tank I'm looking into getting. That's the Marineland 3 gallon crescent right? Do you have the stock filter in it or did you put a different one in there? Just curious.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I do love it to, wish they had a glass version! I'd buy it in a heart beat! Thank you :) I like to think he's a pretty fellow lol.

I love that tank, I have my VT Sammy in it. Cobalt is gorgeous, reminds me of my late VT Jasper. (SIP little buddy)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you! And only cost me about $5 in extra stones. Funny, I was just thinking about a background today. Remember going to the pet store for a sand boa background and thinking they were outragously expensive, so I painted my own with acrylics lol. Was going to talk to the hubby about it. I kinda like the wood paneling in the background. But feels a bit empty spaced since the plants don't reach the top. Thanks those are great tips! I love any and all input:)

Aw, I'm so glad you figured something out for him.

He looks like he has such a big personality!

If you want a free/cheapish background, I find pretty scrapbook paper, or similar decorative paper, sheath it in Glad clingwrap, which I already have around the house, and then tape it to the back of the tank.

I think a background makes them feel a bit more secure, like nobody is sneaking up on them from behind, plus I just like the look of having one--although I've seen some really pretty tanks that don't.

Oh, another thing I've done is cut up a cheap decorative gift bag or shopping bag that has a scene on it I like, tape that to the back.

Just a couple tips, in case you did want one.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
He's got way more spunk too him that's for sure! I will never keep one in anything smaller than a 2 gallon again lol.

I'm sure he's much happier in the 3 gallon. :3

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
The tank your looking at looks much classier thank mine lol. Seems to be essentially the same filter mine came with though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts