Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I get my 3 gallon tank, what is the best way to prepare it for my betta? I've heard that 3 gallons is too small to cycle, so what should I do to make sure it won't hurt him? : ) I didn't know that you had to do anything special except de-chlorinate water when I first got him, and and I don't want to make any mistakes the second time around (there weren't any problems when I put him into his temporary 1 gallon home, but I don't want to take any risks). Thanks!

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
My biggest advice is make sure you have a proper working heater. I would get one in advance and test it out and make sure it is working and that it is raising the temperature of your water to a desired temperature. It will save you a lot of trouble later.

·
Registered
1 Posts
When I get my 3 gallon tank, what is the best way to prepare it for my betta? I've heard that 3 gallons is too small to cycle, so what should I do to make sure it won't hurt him? : ) I didn't know that you had to do anything special except de-chlorinate water when I first got him, and and I don't want to make any mistakes the second time around (there weren't any problems when I put him into his temporary 1 gallon home, but I don't want to take any risks). Thanks!
yes,i agree last guy said.why not try it in advance?

·
Registered
4,899 Posts
Heater and thermometer. It's also important to keep up on water changes (a 100% and a 50% every week for you).

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just to make sure, I should do two water changes a week, one 50% and one 100%? And before I put Caravaggio in, do I need to do anything besides make sure the water is dechlorinated?

·
Registered
4,899 Posts
Acclimate him in his cup for 15-20min.. and you are good to go! Fish aren't totally simple, but they aren't overly complicated either :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts