Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the herd is getting thin in the female tank, I lost Tatsu my blue dragon HM, and her sister Kaida is in isolation after a bad fin tearing episode so it only leaves the 4 VT's in the tank. I noticed it's a little heated in there lately so I decided to pick up some more females tonight. Of course I looked for the ones needing a home the most.

The first two I got are the Bettas in this video that I am focusing on. This was taken at the pet store. One is so horribly thin it makes me cry. She looks like a head on a stick. The third girl I bought was in the tank beside the females, with mature rainbow fish that were about 3" long. I can only imagine what could have happened to her :(

No names yet, although we may call the skinny one Minnie lol

Females

Minnie

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup, just like my other fatsos!

This one is actually from the same spawn, believe it or not! (red marble)

Attachments

·
Registered
271 Posts
Your one girl is FAT! She looks like a platy. Wow. The other girls are cute.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Those girls are so lucky that you found them when you did. I'm sure they will be fat in no time in your care.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The chunky girl is one I brought home in December, but the ones I took home the other night were there in December as well. I don't know why this store's females are so skinny :(

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
That isn't a betta, that's some kind of mini-discus. :p

Naw, I'm glad little Minnie has a home with you. She is so cute and it's criminal that she is so skinny!

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Figured I would update on Minnie! Her water change was tonight so I grabbed a few vids. I'll get photos of the other two tomorrow after their water change. Excuse my golden water, no wait, don't! She loves it lol

Video 1

Video 2

1 - 12 of 12 Posts