Betta Fish Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've been looking around sites even google but can't find any thread that talks about a 35 gallon long tank having betta in it? I currently have one and am planning to put a betta there but its still cycling so ive made a lot of research about it but unfortunately found nothing.. :cry:

Can you help discuss it with me coz i dont wanna mess a tank and more importantly mess a poor Betta's life if i made a mistake :-?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Right now I use a canister filter. And i have a white sand for substrate some rocks and a Malaysian driftwood as decors and am planning to put some anubias, java ferns, and moss with it. For tank mates i heard some neons, rcs, bnp and cories. But dont know how many i should put.. Wanna have kuhli loaches too if its possible :-?

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Okay that should have okay flow for the betta. I was wondering the filter, cuz in most community tank people really over do it (including me) and bettas would get thrown it the current.

As for your stock you could do this if you want-
1 betta, watch him and make sure he eats and is all good.
10-25 neons
Rcs
Pair or trio of bn (more active in a group)
10 cories
6 kuhlis if you really want them. Just make sure you will have A LOT of hiding places.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Ya that is correct. Cuz throwing them all in would destroy the natural balance you got doing on. You can do sort of what ever order you want. I would maybe do something like this.
Cories
Rcs
Kuhlis
Bn (1m/2f or 1m/1f)
10 neons
10 more neons

Space it out with like a week or to. Also every time you get fish get a couple more plants to keep the natural balance going.

You know how to acclimate fish right?
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Well water wisteri, water sprite, amazon swords, jungle val, bacopa, ludwigia repens all you need is some root tabs and your fine with those plants. Marimo moss balls are impossible to kill. Floating dwarf water lettuce and frogbit would give a nice look.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ohh thank you for all the information you've given. :-D finally someone i could discuss with.. Btw my white sand is the one that is intended for hermit crabs. is it okay?

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
It might work, i dont honestly know. I would use petco black sand. It will get MUCH better color and is pretty cheap. You will get much better color with black, if you want.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Ya white sand will work. But if you can get a nice dark color, you will notice a big difference. No problem, i enjoy answering questions for people that will actually listen, good luck ;-)

Btw if you got any other questions you can PM me, and i will get back to you as soon as possible.
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.