Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Goodness, what AM I doing at 4 am?
So I've been seeing all these betta drawings for a while, and how people have been selling, them.

Just then a 4am lightbulb struck me... hey, why don't I try drawing one too? So here I am. I've never done this, and as a poor art student trying to save up for a bigger tank, mreh, why not.

Never done this... how does $5 sound? If that's too much I can probably lower the price. Spent a good hour drawing this and thought that I deserve the minimum wage @[email protected] and priced accordingly.

(I can draw other things too......but it's finals week T____T)

·
Registered
6,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh and I take paypal, pictures will be 500x500, or 1000x1000 if you pay more...

I can also do traditional color pencil drawings + ink, if you want these mailed to you, it will be $20. (USA only!).
Scanned only is $15

I can offer these betta drawings at a 1/2 letter sized on canson cardstock.
Something I did about a year back CLICK

·
Registered
6,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Martinismommy: Thanks :)

@GienahClarette: Should I ? i was thinking that if no one is going to commission me for one then I should just leave the price alone :(

·
Registered
341 Posts
This forum isn't very...spendy A lot of really talented artists have trouble getting any sales. I'd say leave it as is for now. But, don't worry about raising the price. You could also make a bunch of pre-drawn ones to sell.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Wow! Really awesome! I agree that your drawings are easily worth more. You might try posting a few sketches on eBay for $15 plus shipping (so you get the $20) and see where it goes. Or check in with some coffee shops or even fish stores and see if they'll let you put up a few pieces for sale.
I love the blue fishy! Is that sketch for sale? (I'm in the U.S.)

·
Registered
240 Posts
I think they're nice enough that you could make lovely greeting cards out of them as well. I know a lot of folks that would buy a blank card with such a beautiful pic.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Have you drawn many birds? African Greys?

I have been looking for someone to draw a picture of my African Grey that died several years ago. I would like to have a black and white line drawing that I could have engraved on his marker... Yes, I had him buried in a cemetery plot. He was my baby.. I had hand raised him from 3 wks old...

Anyway, is that something you might be interested in doing?

If so, I'll send some pictures and we can talk about what I want.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Maybe try Etsy. Its a website that sells anything homemade, maybe you have heard of it, but it doesnt hurt to try they have an art section. you do have to pay to post things but its really cheap like 5 or 10 cents a posting

·
Registered
6,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Have you drawn many birds? African Greys?

I have been looking for someone to draw a picture of my African Grey that died several years ago. I would like to have a black and white line drawing that I could have engraved on his marker... Yes, I had him buried in a cemetery plot. He was my baby.. I had hand raised him from 3 wks old...

Anyway, is that something you might be interested in doing?

If so, I'll send some pictures and we can talk about what I want.
I don't think I'm too comfortable with doing lines :( how big id the marker? maybe you should try for a job postng on deviantart's job section. that usually gets a lot of replies :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.