Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! My tank is a 6/7 gallon cubic tank (30x30x31). I don't have a betta, but I love them a lot and I'm looking forward getting a little guy.
Do you have any advice on planting this cube and house a betta?

I want to be clear about something now. Before haters start bashing me, I want to say that I love my two fishies and do everything I can to provide a safe and healthy environment for them. Here's a huge problem I've had with my parents. They won't let me bring my tank inside our apartment. I live on the coast and the air is very humid. In the past we've had horrible experience with mould because of the humidity. They are scared we will get mould again. My tank is at the balcony and I've been trying to convince my parents for months but nothing happens! If you want to know more about my problem, feel free to ask. So yeah, any advice on convincing my parents? :-?

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
Welcome. Actually there a lot of people who have tanks outside so that is not a problem. As long are you are able to keep the water temp where it should be & do the required maintenance there is no issue with having them outside other than you can't enjoy watching them as much as if they were inside.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you a lot for your opinion!
Yes, having to go out on the balcony to take basic care of them is sometimes a pain in the back (especially in winter :D).
I am however scared that this summer might be very extreme with temperatures around 30-35 degrees centigrade. Bettas like it around 25 and more, right? In summer I drop a curtain in front of it and open the door so the air conditioner can cool the balcony a bit. I really would be sorry if I find a boiled betta there. >.<

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
I understand your concern. I have read about some Bettas being in water with temps into the 90's F so the temp you are describing shouldn't really be a problem and it sounds like you are doing a good job of keeping it a little cooler when possible. The main thing is for the temp to be consistent and not have huge swings.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts