Betta Fish Forum banner

1001 - 1020 of 1180 Posts

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,002
My new girl arrived in the mail. Cool, but intact - the heat pack had rustled into a position where it wasn't able to get oxygen and lost its heat. It warmed up after unpacked - a close call for the little lady, but nice for keeping her warm while I'm working.

She is splish splashing in the bag. Splish...splash.

Splish.

FLOP.

Splash.

It is very strange to hear her dancing around in there. My other mail-order fish were quiet in their bags, content to use the time in the dark to sleep. Not this one. NOPE. None of that "resting" business. It's time to party in the shipping bags!

SPLORSH.

Goodness gracious, girl, what is on your mind?

She's a little beat up from her last (failed) breeding attempt. And by a little, I mean "Oh, you poor little dear! That nasty boy will never touch you again!" Some good clean, warm water and nice frozen food will get her right as rain in no time.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
I though for a second maybe she did that to herself in the bag during shipping O_O

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,005
And in other news...

Meet Roc. Roc is still sitting on a pet store shelf, but should be coming home soon with Nimble, who spotted him during a shopping trip. From Nimble, he will then journey to me - after a hiatus at Nimble's place where he gets fed and warmed up while the weather settles. Hooray! He's so handsome. Look at those solid orange fins - Roc solid, that is...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Trust me, he's much prettier in person.

But yeah, I knew you wanted to work with oranges, Hrutan. That's why I gave you the call. I'm not working with veils at the moment, but I was astounded by his color.

I should be able to go pick him up tomorrow. The pet store said they would hold him for me until closing-time on Friday.

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,008
This is terribly exciting. The chocolate coloration intensifies orange and yellows. He's perfect, perfect, perfect.

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,017
I need to do some water changes, and am dragging my feet because this is the first time I've had absolutely no obligations to meet in quite a while. There's a bunch of things on my own agenda, of course, and I've been informed we're painting the living room today. (Wait, what?) But, that's not until later.

I have a few things that I'd like to do today, and I'm waiting for my husband to wake up and get out of the house before I really get working.

After the babies are fed, all the fry tanks have to be changed, and pictures must be taken. It's time to update two spawn logs and start a new one (for Cygnus + Catherine). The fry are doing well. The previous mass-deaths must have been due to something with the water, because I'm not seeing that, this time. Many little babies. Oh my. I'd like do do water changes on my big kids, as well, but that doesn't take nearly so long.

I need to shift around the cups to organize for the ones that go out on Tuesday, so that I don't make a mistake and feed someone that needs to be fasting.

I wanted to set up some cool bubblers in the big tank. Oh, and the water quality issue has been resolved. I'm trying an anti-parasitical on the tank (two boxes of medicine for a full course, lol) in the hopes of squishing whatever it is that is making them flash. It doesn't appear to be velvet, and the fish aren't dying. Once that's handled, then a batch of mollies need to get rounded up and taken to the pet shop. It's crowded in there.

Toothless is getting big. People are starting to call him "The Leviathan" now. He STOLE the last piece of squash that I put in there, along with the plant weights that I was using to keep it on the bottom. YOINK! Starting to save to upgrade...we need the largest tank that can be found that will still fit on that wall.

The puffers are adorable. They are EXTREMELY cranky, and they love their blood worms. Note: Bloodworms need to be chopped. They are too big to fit in the little dudes' mouths.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I GET THE LEVIATHAN JOKE!!!!! Supernatural FTW!! :D

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,020
There's a 115 gallon tank + stand that would fit on the wall, for sale at the LPS...$600 for the tank, stand, light fixtures, and lid. Time to save up. Also, I don't think this tank is actually 75 gallons. It looks suspiciously like it might really be 60, judging by the other tanks for sale...

1001 - 1020 of 1180 Posts