Betta Fish Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Very beautiful and Half Moon also. He would make a great breeding partner for the right female. I'm going to have to get busy with my empty tanks LOL. I just am not at the point of reading all of them yet. I have 2 empty right now that are ready to house good stock but I haven't found anything that even comes close to what I'm looking for.

Because of the weather here and not having a trans shipper close I really don't want to run the risk of DOA fish and timely replacements. (been there done that)

like I said earlier We are going to Lancaster soon and I will check with My friend at That Fish Place. They always have a great selection and healthy stock. So I'll wait and see what I can find. I like seeing the fish and making the choice on what I see and how they act and react.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Sounds like a good plan.

What is the weather like there anyway?

Very beautiful and Half Moon also. He would make a great breeding partner for the right female. I'm going to have to get busy with my empty tanks LOL. I just am not at the point of reading all of them yet. I have 2 empty right now that are ready to house good stock but I haven't found anything that even comes close to what I'm looking for.

Because of the weather here and not having a trans shipper close I really don't want to run the risk of DOA fish and timely replacements. (been there done that)

like I said earlier We are going to Lancaster soon and I will check with My friend at That Fish Place. They always have a great selection and healthy stock. So I'll wait and see what I can find. I like seeing the fish and making the choice on what I see and how they act and react.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Well the past three days have been spring like and temps. that range from 38 at night to 61 daytime. They were talking about snow for yesterday, But It turned out to be a high of 58 and sunny. These local weather people are a real joke. The days are getting nicer and around here having two days in a row with out rain in the next two months is a real treat.

Around here spring weather is anything above 34 degrees for this time of year. and the next 15 days are to be lows of 38-40 at night and 48-67 daylight. AND NO SNOW.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Glad it's getting nicer but still sound a little chilly. It's been warm here. It was 88°/60° yesterday and 82° today. Should be un the high 70s/50s rest of the week. Bettas came at the right time so no heat packs necessary.

Well the past three days have been spring like and temps. that range from 38 at night to 61 daytime. They were talking about snow for yesterday, But It turned out to be a high of 58 and sunny. These local weather people are a real joke. The days are getting nicer and around here having two days in a row with out rain in the next two months is a real treat.

Around here spring weather is anything above 34 degrees for this time of year. and the next 15 days are to be lows of 38-40 at night and 48-67 daylight. AND NO SNOW.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
She is beautiful. I think you made a good choice. Ma's should take to her well. I know there will be beautiful babies. I hope they both cooperate.

·
Registered
2 Posts
What a terrible situation. All you hard work on the floor. At least your granddaughter and cat are fine. Did you have insurance on your tank? Or did the home insurance cover the cost?

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
The insurance only covered the damage to the rug and floor. No insurance will cover the kind of loss I had. But we got past that. I'm no longer allowed to have any tank larger than a 10 gal. So now I have 8 10 gal. and 10 5.5 gal. to set up and we are buying a house with a full heated basement so once we move in the basement is mine. And once again I will have big tanks and lots of them.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts