Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so after about six months of consideration, and research, I decided to get a sorority tank. I already have my CT, Diva, and my VT, Saya. I got four new fish last week. a baby, Hiruko (in a separate baby tank), a guppy, Derpy, a snail (which I'm giving away to a friend because I discovered that I'm allergic to its slime) and a VT named Miku.

Anyway, the first couple days seemed normal, until Saya started biting everyone. I put down the divider again, and she's sealed off. Suddenly, Diva wouldn't stop chasing Miku around. I thought it was no big deal until about two days ago, when I woke up to see a chunk out of Miku's tail. I thought it was natural since they were establishing a pecking order, and the guppy was fine. yesterday, I woke up to chunks of her fins gone (I didn't have time to transfer her to isolation), and by the time I got home last night, I saw MOST OF HER FINS WERE COMPLETELY BITTEN OFF!!!!!
I transfered her over to a large mason Jar since I don't have a tank for her, with warm water, a plant from the tank, and some aquarium salts to help her heal. she was in shock when I first put her in, and I thought it was normal. the thing is that she's stayed in shock since then, and now she won't eat!!! I'm giving her to my boyfriend if she recovers, but I honestly don't know if she will by now...

This is what she looked like when I first got her:

And this is her a few minutes ago:

my two questions are will she pull through? and what do i need to help her?

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
She should be fine with a little TLC & quiet environment. Not eating for a day or two is not typically a big deal especially after getting bullied & then moved. Clean, warm, conditioned water should be all that's needed IMO but the aq salt won't hurt. I would just let her be but keep an eye on her.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sadly, my baby Miku passed away at 6:32 pm tonight. She's happy now in fishy heaven. :'(

·
Registered
224 Posts
Aww... I'm so sorry :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts