Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so Everything was fine when I went to bed (I'm a major night owl, so that was 3 am). Nothing out of the ordinary in my divided 10-gallon tank... well, It's about 5:30 am and about half and hour ago, I woke up to a loud sucking noise only to find that it was my filter, and my tank almost 3/4 of the way DRAINED!!! I of course, ran to the kitchen first thing, got out two mason jars, and rescued my two little cherubs, Saya and Diva. After they were out of harm's way, I brought the tank out to the kitchen, took out all of the decorations, and drained the rest of the water only to find not single crack in sight. THIS IS A 3-MONTH-OLD TANK! Maybe it's something wrong with the edge sealing or something? Anyway, I have to be at college in about two hours, so I can't watch the girls while they're in their jars until I can find the two smaller betta habitats to put them in.

·
Premium Member
22,700 Posts
Most likely it's the seal of the silicone then, you should check them just to be sure. Although there really isn't anything you can do unless you want to silicone the entire tank up, which isn't completely out of the question, just a bit of a pain is all. You can't silicone new stuff on old stuff so you'd have to do it all in one shot if you were going do it. You can use a razor to take the old stuff off.

Or you can just a new tank at wal-mart or somewhere for only 14-15 dollars, but I know that's a lot, especially while attending college, right there with you!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.