Betta Fish Forum banner

261 - 276 of 276 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
~~~Basta~~~
The queen sits in silence, with an unreadable expression. She lifts her head from her throne. " The cup of light," she spits with disgust. I raise an eyebrow. " I have never heard of such a relic, my queen," I say, giving her a careful look. " You don't need to know," she says angrily. I continue to look at her, not apologizing despite her scowl. " The stupid meddling FOOLS!" she screams, rage in her eyes. " They will end up like the scroll keeper, every single one of them!" She hesitates for a moment, as if there may be one she would have liked to spare. She looks at one of her shadow slaves, a bent, hollow, colorless skeleton of a fish. " You," The fish looks up, and I see they have no eyes. Just seemingly never ending pits of black darkness, sunken holes in their heads. She gestures towards the other slaves. " Make sure they are ready to defend," she snarls, then looks towards me. " Follow them. Find the flame colored one, the one with the patch on his head, the one with the deformed spine, among others," she says. " Don't communicate with them, just follow silently. When the time is right, I want you to kill," she says. I frown. I don't like waiting, I would much prefer to kill them right away, not sneak around like a little coward. " You will do as I say, and remember... if you don't finish them off, I will do it instead, as well as you," she says, and I nod silently. " I understand. I will not fail," I say, with a look of bloodlust in my eyes. I'm sure there will be plenty to murder along the way. Yes... many victims await me...

·
Registered
495 Posts
*bump*

·
Registered
495 Posts
*bump*

·
Registered
5,518 Posts
~~ Breme ~~

"Well, I hope Silverbeam has a great idea, the darkness is creeping up on me already." Breme falls down into his moss nest. "You guys should leave, before the queen finds you. You don't know what she does to traitors." Breme's eyes narrowed.

Breme gets his ring from the leaf wrap. He gives it to Sunlight. "If you see Sunlight, give this to her. Tell her... I'm sorry." Breme hears some fish swimming. "Go!" He pointed to the door.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Oh, ok sorry.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
~~Flamesong~~
"Well, I hope Silverbeam has a great idea, the darkness is creeping up on me already. You guys should leave, before the queen finds you. You don't know what she does to traitors," Breme said. He rummages in his leaf sack and pulls out a ring with tears in his eyes. I see Manny's eyes narrow. Surely he can't doubt me? But then Breme gives it to me and says, "If you see Sunlight, give this to her. Tell her... I'm sorry." I see the utter sadness in Breme's eyes and whisper with more confidence than I feel, "Don't worry. I'll get you out of here. I'll find a way." But what if I can't? I think in despair. As if in echo to my thoughts, I hear fish coming down the hall and a familiar voice in my head says, Oh, don't worry. You won't. "Manny, we have to go," I say, gritting my teeth. I turn to Breme and say, "Don't worry. I'll report to Silverbeam and we'll come back and help you." Oh, I hope this works, I think.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
--Lissa--
I pace back and forth. Will any of this ever work out? So many things could go wrong. I sneak a glance around and pull a picture out of my leaf-wrap. I stare at it with sadness. In the picture Cass, my former best friend, and I are laughing and smiling in the town square. I wish things were like that again. But ever since Cass left me for Naiad, we haven't spoken. And that is the way it will remain, until she sees the light.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #269
~~Flamesong~~
"Well, I hope Silverbeam has a great idea, the darkness is creeping up on me already. You guys should leave, before the queen finds you. You don't know what she does to traitors," Breme said. He rummages in his leaf sack and pulls out a ring with tears in his eyes. I see Manny's eyes narrow. Surely he can't doubt me? But then Breme gives it to me and says, "If you see Sunlight, give this to her. Tell her... I'm sorry." I see the utter sadness in Breme's eyes and whisper with more confidence than I feel, "Don't worry. I'll get you out of here. I'll find a way." But what if I can't? I think in despair. As if in echo to my thoughts, I hear fish coming down the hall and a familiar voice in my head says, Oh, don't worry. You won't. "Manny, we have to go," I say, gritting my teeth. I turn to Breme and say, "Don't worry. I'll report to Silverbeam and we'll come back and help you." Oh, I hope this works, I think.

~~~Manny~~~
"Manny, we have to go," Flamesong says. I nod, and we swim out.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
~~Flamesong~~
Manny nods. Like two twin shadows, we creep out of the room. As soon as we get to the entrance to catacombs, Manny and I swim faster than lightning strikes. We finally reach the exit after many miles, it seems. We swim to the library where everybody is anxiously talking. But as Manny and I swim up, they stop and look at our haunted expressions. I speak first. "They have many more fish than we expected," I say, "this must have been going in for a long while. Breme is still alive, but locked in a room until he gives in. I believe we need to rescue him. We can't risk having anymore fish taken in, especially one with that much knowledge of the kingdom." I look around at the familiar faces and one stands out in particular. "Sunlight, can you come with me for a second?" I say. She nods and we swim into a nearby hallway. "Breme asked me to give this to you," I say, handing her the ring. Sunlight's eyes widen and tears slip out. "Don't worry. I'm sure Silverbeam is planning his rescue right now," I comfort her. We swim back to the library.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
--Lissa--
I see Manny and Flamesong enter. The others are talking, but stop as they come in. Flamesong gives us the news and the forbidden image of a shimmering sky blue crowntail flashes through my mind. It's Cass. I look around. Flamesong is just coming back with Sunlight. I quietly pipe up, "Did you happen to see a sky blue crowntail there?" Flamesong and Manny nod. "She's a commander. I saw her," Manny reports. I hang my head. That's it then. No more hope of turning Cass to the light. No more thinking that if I can just find her, she'll remember. A tear slips out.

Okay, now Cass will officially be a rp character!

Name: Cass
Age (human years): 1
Breed (Species): Splendens
Tail Type: Crowntail
Color: Sky-blue with purple bits on her fins
Personality: secretive, smart, convincing
Back Story or any other Notable things: used to be Lissa's best friend until deciding to turn to the dark side

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #272
Hey guys, sorry I haven't been online lately! I've been incredibly busy. Please feel free to continue the roleplay in my absence, and RP my charterers from your character's points of view. :3

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I think this roleplay is dying. I'm the only really active poster. :-(

·
Registered
495 Posts
Man, I'm am so busy guys. Sorry I haven't posted in so long!

~~~Oscar~~~
As Mika continues to swim with a really adorable, determind expression on her face, I ponder my thoughts. I really like her... now's the time! I'll tell her how I feel, and she'll say she feels the same, and we can be just like Muse and- " Oscar? OSCAR!" Mika yells. I snap out of my daze. " Wha... huh?" I say. " We're almost to the castle. I hate to ask, my friend, but do you have some spare change so we can get a cab for the rest of the way? I don't really have any... employment... yet." she says. I nod, and toss her a few coins.
~~~Ori~~~~
Sterling continues to rage, and I hiss. " Shut up!" I say, losing my temper. " What if someone were to-" I stop in midsentence, staring at the majestic silver crowntail looking at us with a confused expression. Prince Silverbeam. Unlike the others, he never quite became friend status for me, nor did the black crowntail... Basta. I shudder at the name. I never trusted him, and I never will. " My prince... I'm sorry... " I say nervously, unsure of what to say.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #276
I guess it doesn't hurt to try and bring this back...

~~~Manny~~~
There is a long silence. A tear slides down Lissa's cheek. Draco speaks up at last.
"Well? We're going to find the cup of light, aren't we? There's no time to waste. The quicker we find it, the less the kingdom will have to suffer. We've had enough of that already."

261 - 276 of 276 Posts