Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well,hello from another one betta lover.I remember the first i bought a betta...I was 12years old.NO IDEA about this creatures.I thought it was just a fish...OH NOW!Its not only JUST a fish.Now I am 33years old and I respect them,play with care,heal them,feed them,put them to sleep,say hello-goodbye,clean them,getting aggressive if someone from my family dont respect them.My daughter(4.5years old)talks to them and train them(with her finger,with a mirror).Thats all....nice to be here.I HOPE THE BEST TO ALL OF YOU!

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
Hehe same as me... I started out, with a Betta when I tired of my mom saying no to having pets. Ever. At all. Any kind. She left the fish alone. Actually, she grew accustomed to me having fish!! :lol: When I didn't for the little while there (Crummiest. Time. Ever.) she was surprised. Now I know a ton more, and even helped a lady today pick gentle fishies to buddy up with a gourami :lol: Fish all around are amazing - especially the quirky Betta.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kids must have pets.To getting know what responsibility is,to see them happy-healthy and and at the same time being happy too and to understand and respect nature.I used to have a lot pets...any kind.But my dad was the one who care them the most.Now i do the same to my soul-my daughter!I will give her any pet is SPECIAL and to afford to take care of it.

·
Premium Member
3,611 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum :wave: Great advice and philosophy for your daughter :)

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Of all the betta avatars I've seen, I like yours best.

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
I agree kids should have pets... But should not be forced to take all responsibility... Know what they say! Lead by example! I'm teaching my nephew, with his Betta. Glad you're teaching a young generation too!!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
THANKS!I keep trying to bring them up to better levels.Try to figure out what they need to feel as comfortable as they deserve to be.Oncw a week i rearrange the decorations and watch how curius they are when they explore them.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Wow no pets ever? When I was a kid we had a dog and a cat, the doc was rescued, the cat was from a neighbor's litter. When we moved to a rural area after I'd been riding horses for years Dad bought me one! He was like "Miranda, you take care of it, or I'll give him to someone who will." I woke up at 7 every single morning for about 8 years to take care of my first and second horses. Fed them religiously unless I was ill, rode most afternoons. It really taught me responsibility! Of course, horses are pricey. I'm pretty sure the cost was awful on my father. It wasn't something I paid attention to at the time. But pets are detrimental to responsibility! I'm glad you got the fish, Sena!

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
Well I currently have a betta, caring for two (people's vacation time!), have five black neons, and now learning about Prolapsed Anal for kittens -.- and the age they ACTUALLY get dewormed (AKA NOT 6 weeks or younger), and overall pets are trustworthy (most humans aren't!!) -.-;; pretty annoyed. Bt we're handling the issue despite budget being tight! It's an animal, not a toy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts