Betta Fish Forum banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
I can totally see why you couldn't leave without him, he is gorgeous!

I guess what they say about bettas is true. . . they are like potato chips, you can never just have one. :p

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
You're too true!

I finally light trained Scy so now everyone's on board with the eating schedule. It took him a while to figure out what the pellets were and where they were coming from but now he guards the little hole on top of the tank whenever I come into the room.

Salem unfortunately lost his favorite plant during cleaning. Despite the anubis (i believe) exploding, the other plant did not fair as well and had to be pulled due to the rapid deterioration. I realize it was due to me lacking something in the water but I don't care play with my parameters after getting a solid cycle going.

I only have trios of my shoaling fish. I'm a bit concerned about their stress levels but all have rounded tummies and zip around in shoals together. They also are quite healthy and I've had bad experiences trying to introduce a new group of them into a tank (e.g all the new fish die even after a month of quarantine). Perhaps over winter break I'll try to introduce some more rasboras and cories but for now I think the tank's at a good equilibrium without being too full on each level.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts