Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had Kleenex for months now and ever since I started my tanks a year ago, I've always wanted a sorority.

So. A deep deep deep part of my hopes me EE betta is actually female. He has never flared or made bubble nests, to help add to his case. And his ventral fins are medium length... I guess? But he's got a really chunky body, unlike most females I see.

Thank you for your help! I'm pretty sure he's male but yknow, a girl can dream!

I can't seem to post a video on the app so here are some photos and I'll try to post a video later if needed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
5,923 Posts
Anal shape suggests it's a long tail which would make it a female. But dorsal looks like a male's. Can you see an egg spot under the belly. If so, then it's definitely a female. Other wise it's a male.

·
Registered
939 Posts
If you shine a flashlight it'll make it easier to see the ovaries. It should be a triangle shape behind the pectoral fins.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I think it's a male like my ee(i also thought he was a female at first). Males have bulgy eyes than females. Anal & Dorsal is larger as well. Males also got full beards. We have the same exact body shape,fins,etc. Thanks to @RussellTheShihTzu & @Phoenix777 for their help

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
69 Posts
I think personalities doesnt go with gender. I remember i had a male veil tail and he was with a community,he's the calmest betta in the fish room that time.i observed all of them before i bought him. And then i got Bambi an ee and a very active,naughty male who doesnt want to be in a community. You can google and watch in youtube on how to determine ee's gender 😊 they are bit challenging to determine than veil tails and other type of bettas. I think our ee hasnt fully developed yet the reason why its difficult.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I guess he's male *sad tear*

What a weirdo, though. He's so calm. Even as I was catching him, he just laid in the net like he don't care at all. Ahah!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LOL My Delta Tail male is the same way. Remember not all males are aggressive and not all females are passive (kinda like humans lol). Each betta has their own unique personality regardless of gender. I know some who have females who are MUCH more aggressive than my male. He's pretty mellow...unless I hold a mirror up to him or prop my tablet up to his tank with a brightly colored cartoon... Then it's flare city lol.

I think personalities doesnt go with gender. I remember i had a male veil tail and he was with a community,he's the calmest betta in the fish room that time.i observed all of them before i bought him. And then i got Bambi an ee and a very active,naughty male who doesnt want to be in a community. You can google and watch in youtube on how to determine ee's gender �� they are bit challenging to determine than veil tails and other type of bettas. I think our ee hasnt fully developed yet the reason why its difficult.

You chose the most aggressive male and named him BAMBI?? LMAO I love it! ;) How's he doing?

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Definitely male. If you look at the last picture in the original post you can see his belly (that greyish circle behind his pectoral fins as he turns away from the camera) right behind that is empty. If he were a she you'd be able to see a tanish yellow triangle right behind the stomach.

He's gorgeous though!

Reactions: mingking

·
Registered
69 Posts
LOL My Delta Tail male is the same way. Remember not all males are aggressive and not all females are passive (kinda like humans lol). Each betta has their own unique personality regardless of gender. I know some who have females who are MUCH more aggressive than my male. He's pretty mellow...unless I hold a mirror up to him or prop my tablet up to his tank with a brightly colored cartoon... Then it's flare city lol.

You chose the most aggressive male and named him BAMBI?? LMAO I love it! ;) How's he doing?
I wanted to call him bumblebee but it was too long lmao 😂. He's doing great, his right gill is finally healing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts