Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Hi, I personally wouldn’t do that stocking for a 10 gallon— I’d opt for a 20 gallon long instead because the corydoras will need more space to forage and dig in the sand (please use sand as the substrate if you go for corydoras). Another thing is that your suggested fish numbers is not sufficient for corys- you need a group of 6+ per species. Because of this, I would choose one species and then have a larger number of them so they have more friends. I hope that helps!!

And by the way— Aquadviser is good in that it gives you an idea of the strain on the beneficial bacteria but it doesn’t give you an idea of other aspects like substrate, the way fish use the space, school size, etc so it shouldn’t be used as a final say… it would be nice if it was perfect though!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Some of my corys of different species seem to hang out together but yes, they do still the same species. And for clean up, you can just hover the siphon a little bit above the sand and any debris you’re trying to remove should be picked up. Please keep me updated on the tank, I’d love to see photos as it all comes together!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts