Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be moving my two bettas into one 10 gallon tank soon and I have a few questions about it.

1. What should I do about the filter? The filter I have right now is a sponge filter. This one to be exact. Would that filter work with a 10 gallon or not? If not, should I just buy a completely new, bigger filter, or should I just buy a second one of those and have two of them in the tank?

2. Does anyone have any suggestions for a divider? There seems to be tons out there, are there any specific kinds I should look for that won't be a pain to install?

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
I'd get a second filter for the other side, especially because you can run multiple sponges on one air pump. The divider will restrict water movement, so the side without the filter might not get the circulation it needs. One on each side ensures that both fish will have equal water quality.

You could do a moss wall to divide the tank - basically tying a bunch of java moss to a mesh divider. Others with experience with dividers will help more, im sure.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts