Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ! My name is Katelynn and I am a brand new member. I am interested in meeting other members and educating myself as much as possible about Betta fish. I got a Betta for my daughter about a week ago, and we had purchased a small plastic tank for him to be in (thinking it was appropriate). Since lurking through this site I've realized a 2+ gallon tank is much more appropriate, so today we got him a 5 gallon.

Our Betta is all red with blue tips on his fins, and a bit of blue/purple colouring on his sides and belly. His name is Pete, but my daughter calls him Petey. I believe he is a crowntail, but I am not sure. Petsmart people weren't that helpful. If anyone can tell me what he is that would be appreciated. =)

By the way his tank isn't dirty, just lots of bubbles from when I got the tank ready for the first time. I have a heater in there but not a filter quite yet.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Welcome! You have a beautiful fish!

·
Registered
10,971 Posts
Welcome to the forum and to the wonderful world of Betta keeping.....

Look forward to hearing more about your Betta adventures and seeing more pic....

Enjoy your stay....

·
Premium Member
3,611 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum :wave:

Congrats on your new fishy friend Pete. He could be a crowntail but it's really hard to tell from the pic. you posted. Can you get another pic or two of him?

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
A better pic would be helpful. Oh and I have to warn you about the plastic plants. Make sure it isn't too sharp and watch it in the future. The plastic plants get sharp with age and they can tear your bettas fins.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts