Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
I think he looks fine. Though I suggest getting more plants to have less open space. Bettas come from rice paddies that are very densely planted. You can still have an area at the front where he can be watched. He will feel much safer that way as well.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aquarius-Hex-2-gal-/280853052881?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4164257dd1

This is the tank right here the sizes and all that I put him in. Only thing is as u can all see mine is missing the top black rim that goes around the tank. So had to make a couple holes so I could rig the top cover to the black light. So now when I need to change a lightbulb I have to undue a few screws. But least the tank is bigger. Seriously how ugly does my tank look with the black rim missing?

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
that's good, could it be a little warmer though? if not i think it will be good. but he seems to be happier

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Yeah he looks good, just get a heater as bettas need to their water to be just about 78. It may be a small difference but it is a bigger difference to the fish as that is how they keep warm and process food.

Remember more plants when you can!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I took one of the bigger plants out of my 10gallon tank they have plenty of plants in there. He is hiding in it and everything!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Scarlet is getting a brand new tank! I was going to buy him a quiet filter system for his tank but they are like $11.00 alone im taking back that stupid small tank I origionally had him in. Lets see what I can come up with at walmart sense thats all this stupid town has. dont worry it wont be a silly fish bowl or anything under a gallon and a half of water. Ill post pics:)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
And Im ordering a betta fish heater that says you can bury it under gravel its for like 1-3 gallon tanks. And lets see what plants wally world has to offer I would perfer the softer looking ones. I wish I had black gravel pink gravel is silly looking:(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts