Betta Fish Forum banner

181 - 200 of 200 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #183 ·
The oxygen bubbles are the most awesome part, along with the plants and fish - lol!

I'm getting there then :) I added the Finnex Ray for 3 hours a day, and the ludwigia rubin has really reddened up, but now I got a lil hair algae, and a spot in the staurogynes that has died off :( Think I should turn up the co2 a bit?
Hair algae can be cause by leaving the lights on to long. Staurogyne might be still adjusting to it's new environment. Turing up the CO2 depends on the lighting. Mine is set by 32ppm, which is a little over board, but it's not overkill. I'm still in the green and my lighting is a little strong. If you can see in the picture I'm still using a CFL bulb pointing in the back on top of the dwarf hair grass. Reason be, the BuildMyLED was kind of washing out the colors and that giant stone is blocking a little bit of light by the LEDs.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #184 ·
Quick update on my fry. It's been a half of month and zero death's so far. I have some healthy fish and some are forming beautiful colors. I think I did a good job keeping them in a 2.5g tank with tons of plants and a sponge filter. Instead of buying new fish, I think I'll take all the colorful males and put them in my 7.2g tank. The rest are going in my 100g .I'm feeding them tons of brime shrimp twice a day and some flake food once. About 50% WC every other day. This one is my favorite so far in this picture.

Attachments

·
Registered
647 Posts
I just read through all 19 pages of this thread. It was an enjoyable read, thank you for that.

You went all out on this tank. You must be approaching the 1000$ mark by now. ADA, BML, Tropica are not exactly affordable for the part time hobbyists. I'm surprised at the amount of items you needed shipped. You must not live in an area with a lot of good aquarium shops.

Keep up the good work. I will be following your updates.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #186 ·
It's about $700 not including a canister filter and CO2 system, since I had extra all ready. In New Orleans planted tanks are not popular. Everything down here is about having huge cichlids. The Green Machine and Takashi Amano videos helped me with inspiration and tips on aquascaping. I research a lot of different plant species on different forums and learning the care they need.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I've always thought about tinting my aquarium. Is it difficult and permanent? It would be awesome if there was a product link online just so I know what to look for. Hardware stores are big and I can never find what I'm looking for.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #190 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #191 ·
Update on the 7.2g. I took out 1 of my Amano shrimp from my 37g and placed him in my 7.2g. It's been a day so far and he's still alive. I check the ammonia, well ammonium, since my PH is 6.6 or lower range. Anyway It was reading 1.0ppm. Last week it reading 8.0ppm, so I guess it's cycling. I'm seeing signs of nitrite and nitrates. If the shrimp lives for a week, I'll get some yellow or blue rili shrimp and in a month I'll order about 7 or 8 neon yellow rasbora.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #192 ·
Can't wait for next Saturday November 1st. I'm gonna party so hard from 12pm to 6am lol. VooDoo festival and the after party is gonna be rocking hard this year. I could really use the free time, because work is so stressful and being at home is no better. My wife and I are all ways side by side, so I'm going by my self with a few friends. My favorite DJs are coming through New Orleans this year, so I'm quite happy. If some of you don't know, I love Electronic music. DJs I'm gonna go see are Flux Pavillion, Skrillex, Thomas Newton, and R3hab. I'll go see 30 seconds to Mars for a half hour, since Skrillex is playing at the same time. This will be the first time I went out since July, so I'm going all out and I'll make sure I won't get into too much trouble lol.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Link is here http://m.lowes.com/pd/GILA-48-in-W-x-78-in-L-Frosted-PrivacyDecorative-Adhesive-Window-Film/1103227. It's easy to put on after the 2nd or 3rd try and It's not permanent. Reason why I use it, because I use it as back lighting. I can use any color I want. Here is a picture of orange and white. I would show you blue, but I lost the bulb lol.
So that's how you do that! I need to do something to the background on my 20g when I move it. Where do you buy the adhesive? Any special type of light?

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Can't wait for next Saturday November 1st. I'm gonna party so hard from 12pm to 6am lol. VooDoo festival and the after party is gonna be rocking hard this year. I could really use the free time, because work is so stressful and being at home is no better. My wife and I are all ways side by side, so I'm going by my self with a few friends. My favorite DJs are coming through New Orleans this year, so I'm quite happy. If some of you don't know, I love Electronic music. DJs I'm gonna go see are Flux Pavillion, Skrillex, Thomas Newton, and R3hab. I'll go see 30 seconds to Mars for a half hour, since Skrillex is playing at the same time. This will be the first time I went out since July, so I'm going all out and I'll make sure I won't get into too much trouble lol.
Sound like a whole lot of fun; my bosses and a couple friends all have great stories of their partying in New Orleans! Will the wife come get ya if ya get in trouble? lol

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #196 ·
Sound like a whole lot of fun; my bosses and a couple friends all have great stories of their partying in New Orleans! Will the wife come get ya if ya get in trouble? lol
Yeah, the live music and alcohol is the only thing we got going in New Orleans. To be honest I hate living down here. As for my wife we are kind of taking a break from each other, so no the wife isn't gonna get me out of trouble lol. My life has completely went to ****s as of now and flirting and talking with different women is not making me feel any better. I really miss my wife and I hope things get better between us.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #197 ·
My last post on the betta forums as of now. I lost my last betta a few days ago. My heater malfunction and toasted the poor guy. I'm not quitting the hobby and my life isn't really going well. I'm still gonna do my new project in February. I might be back on the forums in the spring. As of now I had a great time on these forums and the people I met so far. I wish everyone well and thanks for the information and knowledge everyone shared.

Thank you and adios amigos lol.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
So sorry to hear all this...the best of luck to you! Keep you chin up...things will get better :) And thanks so much for all your help with my aquatic adventure here...my tanks are now thriving, not dying!

181 - 200 of 200 Posts