Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello-hello!

My name is Liz (call me Weaver please) and I have my very first Betta fish male sitting in his very-empty-unstimulating (I'll be getting him some plants and things to hide in next week) All Living Things Critter Tote. It's the small one so I'll be upgrading to the larger one too.

I've had fish in the past but, this is my first Betta. I am a college-student (working on my BFA with a minor in Biology) and well, I miss my cat. I do. So, since I cannot have my cat with me: I had to work around the rules to keep a lovely little Betta.

I'd love to post a picture of my handsome little Betta but alas, I lack adequate photography skills. So for now I shall have to do a written description.
-(Unnamed) is I think a Cellophane Half-Moon Betta splendens male. He has a few like... 'ink' splotches on him. They look iridescent green/blue. I still need to find him a name too. He's awfully frisky*, and seems to enjoy exploring his new home (he'll love it even more when he has better places to hide.

I'm excited to learn more about him and Betta fish here. :D

*I feel as if I should also add in that I am eternally thankful for the help from the girl who helped me at Petsmart. She was extremely knowledgeable and even helped me out with her Employee Discount. <3

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

So, this is the little guy. Terrible webcam picture, but yeah. Isn't he a cutie?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the kind welcome Perseusmom! I'm terribly excited to learn more about my little guy. I've decided on a name too: Kasper (aka Inviso-Gill) and learnt that he is not a Half-Moon but a Double-Tail instead. He's eating and waiting for me to add plants and maybe return the small critter-keeper I have right now for a bigger one.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you Dramaqueen! The gal helping me get my basics was fantastic and we both agreed that he was the nicest of the bunch and that if I didn't get him... well, someone else would. Heck he's already settling in and I can see a little bit of his personality coming through too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts