Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dunno why I drew it, probably a fit of boredom or longing or something, but here! Have a from-poor-memory picture of Ram, a halfmoon plakat male I'd dearly love to take home from the local Petco, if only my parents would let me.

The pic really doesn't do his colors justice, they're vibrant and glowy just like a Grid warrior from the original Tron movie. Hence the name.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Really lovely drawing. What program did you use? And how old are you? You're very talented!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wow absolutely amazing!
Thanks

Really lovely drawing. What program did you use? And how old are you? You're very talented!
I used Photoshop CS4 with a Wacom Art Tablet. It comes in handy, being a web designer by degree. This was actually the first time I've tried drawing a betta. And I'll be 25 in April. Gives me the heebie jeebies just thinking about it.

Aww that's soo cute
I love your style :D Its adorable!
Ugh, I know, he's so adorkable. I want to adopt him sooooo badly.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i love it, could you take commissions if you could :)
Uh, well, I hadn't thought about doing commissions, but I suppose it's a good idea; might give me some funds to buy more betta supplies for my hoarde. I wouldn't know what to charge though, or what sort of things people would ask for. I don't often do art commissions; its usually websites. But yeah, if folks want one, I'll do commissions.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Heh, free art is lovely. I'm afraid I haven't got the time to do it though. At least commisions return a value that makes the time spent well-spent. Nothing is certain though. I'll think on the matter some more.

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
there all from video games, the last one is "ghost" from modern warfare2
the first 2 are from halo (reach) but made up people, armor is from halo :p smellsfishies has like the best art i have ever seen 0-0

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'll take your word on that. lol. *fiddles with the light settings in photoshop to fix up new pics she took of Ram in the store*

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
New WIP

I decided that since the first image I posted was rubbish, I'd start anew and do a proper portfolio-quality pic. I got photos of Ram at the store, and here they are in a collaged form:

I'm not sure if some of his coloring, especially around the head and front fins and stuff where it's patchy and gray, is natural coloring or a sign of sickness, as I am uneducated in that field of betta biology as of the moment. But you can see why I named him Ram, yes?

Anyways, I sketched the beginnings of the new image, and have begun cleaning up the lines. My goal is to make a pic good enough to print out and hang on the wall, as I have a frame going spare.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
The head coloration is normal. He has what are called dragon scales, a think set of scales that are a different color than the body almost always. Nice drawing! You gave him a lot of personality.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oh good, I didn't want to be worried he was sick. And thanks! I think lining and coloring the fins will be the most challenging task in the progress of this picture.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Usually commissions are like cost of supplies plus at least minimum wage per hour it took to draw, plus cost of packaging and shipping... so depending on where you are and how much minimum wage is and how long you typically spend on these it might be a good formula for figuring out a decent commission price ;)

I would totally want a commission from you of my two boys if you did offer to do them, I just have to set up a new paypal as my old one is way out of date... lol adorable drawing!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts