Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow betta keepers!! Today Michael and I went into our not-so-local PetCo looking for different fixens for our tanks. While we were there we looked at the bettas (naturally) and we saw one laying at the top on his side. I immediately thought the worse, but when we picked him up, he was swimming around. When he was finished swimming, he went back on his side so my guess was that he has SBD. Also his fins don't look like they are in the best shape -- I have a SLIGHT hunch he MIGHT have fin rot. So anyway, we just got home and we were going to put him in a spare tank we have with some stress coat, let him acclimate and then a little later tonight I was going to do an epsom salt treatment and not feed him tonight. Then tomorrow see how he is doing and then maybe try giving him some Daphnia around lunch time. So my question is, does that sound like the best plan?? Is there anything else we should do or not do??

***** PLEASE SEE ***** This betta is a rescue and although we have a spare tank, we do not have the room for another betta right now. We live in Magnolia, Delaware. If anyone lives IN Delaware or ONE or TWO states away and would like to adopt him (you just pay for shipping) PM me and we will talk!! He is a gorgeous teal and green double tail.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts