Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, now I am hooked on bettas. I only have two ATM but I would like more.
I was thinking about doing a smaller planted tank since I already have two 10 gallon tanks and I'm running outta room for the big ones. So I'd like to know whats the smallest I should do and what I should get for it. And it would be awesome if everyone could show me their small planted tanks with the names of the plants.
Would it be better with sand or gravel?

I'm sure I'll think of more questions soon..:p

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hiya! I'm currently on a mission like yours, having found a really nice 9L (uhh...2.3gal? o_O ) tank that I'd love to plant and keep a betta in.

Although mine's not set up, I've been pottering around the internet so I thought I'd share my favourite inspiration. Pretty much proves that sky's the limit and size is definitely NOT a limit ;)
AGA aquascaping contest, tanks under 28L. So nice! I daresay these little tanks are very high-maintainance and not appropriate for long term practicality, but they gave me some great ideas regardless :D

·
Registered
339 Posts
2.5 gallon, got it for $15 at petsmart, everything grows like weed. Everything I have is in pots though.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Taboo- those are super pretty! I've been looking at them nonstop!
Fishkid- what's the best sand to use? I have pool filter sand in my turtle tank, would that be ok to use?
Darkangel- Do you have a filter in yours? Did it come with one?

Thank you for all the replies!

·
Registered
507 Posts
I feel like small tanks are the reason why i have so many tanks. I started with one small tank, then 2, then 3. Then i got a big tank to combined the 3 small one. Then I was sad my 3 small ones were empty, so i ended up with 1 big tank and 3 small tank.

Next thing i knew, i have 3 big tanks and 10 small tanks =(......

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
We started out with small 1.5 gallon tanks and have progressed up the line to 1 1.5, 1 2.5, 4- 5 gallons, 5- 10 gallons, 1- 29 gallon and 1- 46 gallon. I'll be adding another 40 gallon next week and I also have a 2 gallon planted cookie jar with shrimp in it.

I love the small tanks, they are so pretty and the fish in them are really happy.

Damien's stock LED light experiment. Very low light, plants doing well.
Aquarium decor Aquarium Freshwater aquarium Aquatic plant Plant

Clown's stronger LED light tank, plants doing well.
Aquarium decor Freshwater aquarium Aquarium Aquatic plant Plant

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I already have two 10 gallon tanks. I'm sure if I had more room I would have more of them. So right now small tanks are what I have room for. But only a few of them. Lol.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.