Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want want want to do a community or sorority tank at some point. My fishy inlaws might be planning on helping, but at any rate, it's not going to happen until at the *earliest* post-family vacation in early July.

But as I was browsing down the glass "stuff" aisle at Michaels, a heart shaped one of these fell into my cart, because it really wants to be a piece of decor for this future tank.

Any opinions on these? They claim to be just glass.

http://www.michaels.com/oversized-diamonds/fl1355,default,pd.html

It was obviously meant to be mine. I got up to the register and this half a pound chunk of lovely glass rang up at one PENNY. I was all "...uh...really?" The girl at the register was all "Um...they have any more of those back there? :)"

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It was a penny, aka 1 cent, not a pence! Which floored me - the checkout girl said that's what happens when something is discontinued/on final clearance. Based on her question, I suspect if there *were* any more back there, they are gone now :)

I'll get it all cleaned up, it's a clear one, so no dyes or coating, I don't think.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here's Ghost checking it out. He wasn't overly impressed. I still think it's grand, and I already had to keep my daughter from running off with it.

Crystal Fashion accessory Glass Rock Jewellery

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Michaels is indeed where it came from. This is one of the clear ones, I will scratch test it in an unobtrusive area to make sure it isn't coated tho!

I do have a few of the colored ones too, I might have to check them too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.