Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm getting another betta after learning how to properly care for them, and even discovered that I cycled my tank without realizing it.

I have a few neons already in the 10 gal tank, with a few small decorations which include a bridge and a few small plants. I do have one plant stuck to the side of the tank so that if floats at the top, but other than that, what types of decorations would be fun to add? I saw a pic on here of a styrofoam cup floating on the top which I thought was a good idea. I've been looking at pics, and I there's a lot of ideas!

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
Do you feel prepared to give some basic live plants a go? :) They look better than fake ones and do good things for water quality. They are also pretty hard to kill. Look into java moss, java fern, anubias, elodea, hornwort (that stuff wouldn't die in a bucket of acid), lacefern and wisteria. :) Some other natural items include driftwood and rock (don't just grab them off the ground - buy them from a petshop).

Alternatively, many people use coffee mugs, shot glasses, sake cups and other kitchen items. If it is dishwasher safe, it is usually tank safe. Lego is also popular. :)

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have a martini glass filled with colorful glass stones in each of my tanks. My fish all love resting in the glasses.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have several see through caves in my tanks. My girls actually seem to prefer the see through caves. My boys hide in the plants instead of the see through caves though so maybe it depends on the fish?

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
I have a piece of driftwood that arches over into a cave that my cories love. I also have a terracotta pot, though it's not being used as a cave as the moment (filled with spare filter media for an emergency cycle....just in case ;).)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.