Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! So I've had a 5 gallon tank up and running for a few months now, and today I finally stopped by Petco and picked out a new betta :) I was at the store a few days ago and they only had about 7 bettas available, and when I went today the same ones were still there and they hadn't gotten any new ones in. I chose the one who looked like he was in the best condition and the most active, and he ended up being a purplish elephant ear!

I'm a little concerned about him though because he's really small and his fins look a little strange, so I'm posting some pictures hopefully to get some opinions :) Does he look on the small side to you, and do you think this is his full size or should I expect him to grow bigger? Also do his fins look okay?

Attachments

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what do you think was wrong with his fins? I'm just curious. He is beautiful and your tank is absolutely stunning!
I thought maybe he had fin rot or something, just because the edges of his fins looked different than the other bettas that were there.. But then again I'm always paranoid about my pets and I've never dealt with a betta who had fin rot so I probably wouldn't be able to spot it haha :) But thank you!! The tank is the Marineland Portrait, I love it so far

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I thought maybe he had fin rot or something, just because the edges of his fins looked different than the other bettas that were there.. But then again I'm always paranoid about my pets and I've never dealt with a betta who had fin rot so I probably wouldn't be able to spot it haha :) But thank you!! The tank is the Marineland Portrait, I love it so far
Oh I see what you were seeing :) and he is perfectly healthy. I'm really paranoid about my pets to!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts