Betta Fish Forum banner

301 - 320 of 322 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
@BettaNard My LFS only sells Anubias Nana.... I have 3 already, I wish they had a better variety!

·
Registered
260 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
I love Zedd! Dare I say I like him more than I liked Enzo in terms of looks? Both are beautiful, but there's just something about Zedd!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #305
Adventures of Callisto & Castor - BettaNard's Journal

Haha there is definitely something about Zedd. I WISH I could have them both in the same tank hahah.

Just a side update on Enzo, he's settled in his new home alright although I don't have pictures, friend told me he was super shy and kept hiding underneath the plants. (sounds like him when I just got him too) and apparently he has a new snail friend that he's curious about. I hope he's happy!

This morning, I found Zedd cheekily hiding from me when I turned on the lights:

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #306 (Edited)
So I got a small HOB filter for Zedd, I felt like the spray bar internal filter was taking too much space in the tank and I reckon the HOB filters look more minimalistic since it's a single tube in the tank. Put some sponge around the inlet so Zedd's fins don't get caught!

Also I cut the included sponge media in half and kept one half in the compartment, filled the remaining half with Seachem DeNitrate, that outta keep his water clean and healthy.

Turned it on and found the flow was too much for him so I had to baffle it, intelligent me just used the other half of the sponge media I cut and shoved it onto the outlet, easy! Zedd was pleased.

Happy Zedd

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #309
So I think Zedd may have been over flaring a bit too much because I think he can see his reflection in the tank and also he flares when I take pictures of him. Now he has a tiny pinhole in his tail which might turn into a rip. Anyone know if theres a chance I can get it to heal by just dimming the lights down? or just keeping lights off until it heals?

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #310
Ah it's too late! The tiny pinhole in his tail turned into a rip :'( just happened overnight, weird he can't have been flaring in pitch darkness...

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #313
I made Zedd a little IAL cave using the lid to hold to down. I think he likes it LOL. Look at him trying to photo bomb his own nest.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Zedd....... Well tell him he is so beautiful I set one of his pictures as my wallpaper on my tablet. He looks really cute under that leaf tent. My girls love when I make IAL tents for them. "It's like a campout!" they squeal.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #316
Adventures of Callisto & Castor - BettaNard's Journal

Zedd....... Well tell him he is so beautiful I set one of his pictures as my wallpaper on my tablet. He looks really cute under that leaf tent. My girls love when I make IAL tents for them. "It's like a campout!" they squeal.
Aww yay! I'm sure Zedd feels honoured. :) it's the best way to use IAL imo!

This is why I am a fan of floating plants and whole IAL, Bettas love it.
IAL really is a miracle leaf. Does so much for my bettas.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I think I need to get some IAL for Neptune. Does it mess with your pH at all? I thought I read that it lowers it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #318
@ashleynicol3 Apparently it does. It does lower it but slightly, and it does it gradually so over time, so it won't shock your Betta. Bettas can adapt to a wide pH range I've heard as long as it's stable and doesn't fluctuate drastically. my bettas have always been fine when I add IAL. They love it!

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #319
Great news everyone, Zedd's tail has healed, rip has sealed! He's really thriving, it makes me so happy, look at his colours!! He's slowly getting blue on his face though, I'm afraid he can't have a white face forever :(

301 - 320 of 322 Posts