Betta Fish Forum banner
81 - 100 of 322 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 · (Edited)
Adventures of Callisto & Castor - BettaNard's Journal

Anubias x Nano rock in the front, Amazon sword at the back! I think that's enough of buying plants for now... I'm getting too addicted :|

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
Your menagerie is too cute! Our Stretch is an Orange Tabby. He was a rescue, too. He's supposed to be a barn cat and take care of the mice but he doesn't know that. ;-)

Thanks for sharing.
Aw, I'm always glad when I hear about people rescuing kittens! or any animal in general. Haha, I could never trust Mika with catching mice, she's a very lazy kitty! :p

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Anubias Coffeefolia is my favorite aquarium plant. :) Partly because of the ripply leaves and partly because of the name. LOL.

Kitty and doggie friends are adorable. You have a kind heart. That kitten is so happy now. I love orange tabbies and Siamese colorings. Lovely beach, too!

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
Anubias Coffeefolia is my favorite aquarium plant. :) Partly because of the ripply leaves and partly because of the name. LOL.

Kitty and doggie friends are adorable. You have a kind heart. That kitten is so happy now. I love orange tabbies and Siamese colorings. Lovely beach, too!
LOL! Coffeefolia :lol: such a cool plant name haha, probably my favourite type of Anubias too! Thank you btw :)

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·

This evening Callisto looked at me and gave me this look, and I knew, he wanted me to take some photos of him, close-up style!!

Straight after I stopped feeding him :(

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Yayyy one of my Anubias plants had a flower bloom this evening :)

Congrats on the spathe (bloom) ^^

I find it hard to believe Callisto can be REAL, his colors....so amazing. And...okay, I am jealous of your Anubias flower. :( But happy for you! :) That is really cool.
Many people report increase phosphorus n the tank water (can use liquid fert to achieve this) will help encourage anubias to bloom.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
I find it hard to believe Callisto can be REAL, his colors....so amazing. And...okay, I am jealous of your Anubias flower. :( But happy for you! :) That is really cool.
That's what I thought when I found Callisto in my LFS, I just had to get him!! haha it makes me happy seeing the flower, it means I'm doing something right for my plants! :)

Your fish are so beautiful and I loveee your planted tanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you!!! I work very hard to keep my tanks looking as they are :p

Congrats on the spathe (bloom) ^^

Many people report increase phosphorus n the tank water (can use liquid fert to achieve this) will help encourage anubias to bloom.
Thanks Aqua! :-D
Yes, that's probably why, I dosed my tank with Flourish Comprehensive last water change, then the next day, I saw the bloom! :D

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #95 ·
So this morning, guess who I found having a sleep in and a little slumber party?

It's a Pygmy Cory sleep over!!! Haha they're awake now though, scurrying through the substrate and plants, seeing what they can nibble on this morning :p

I love these little guys as much as Callisto and Castor.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #96 ·

I'm thinking of posting a little video of Castor's tank in a bit, I hope you all will watch it ^^'

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #98 · (Edited)
I'm holding off on the video because I had the idea of using my iPhone 6 olloclip macro lens attachment and got some shots of Callisto really close up. Luckily Callisto likes to sit still in front of the camera, Castor is a whole different story!

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Wow!
Although by picture number 4 he looks like he is wondering why his gills and beard are not making you retreat. I always humor mine by recoiling in mock terror complete with, "AUGH!" when they flare. They love it! Makes them feel powerful.

Seriously, those pictures are gorgeous. Art worthy to be framed.

81 - 100 of 322 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.