Betta Fish Forum banner

121 - 140 of 322 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Love the new setup! Loved it before tho too. Don't know how he could be unhappy with such a beautiful planted tank! Hopefully he stops biting.

In the meantime, feel free to come plant my tank anytime! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
Adventures of Callisto & Castor - BettaNard's Journal

Yeah I'm not sure either! One of the many frustrations of betta keeping I suppose Haha. So far so good, he stopped again, for now :/

Haha I would if I could, planting a tank is so fun :D

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
Nice captures! What camera do you use? Your fish are amazing.
Thank you! The really nice looking "model" shots are shot with my Sony NEX-7 35mm and the rest of my shots are taken with my iPhone 6 :) (90% of my photos here)

What's the grass-like plant you have in the front of his tank?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Magdalensis Chain Sword. I think it's also called Pygmy chain sword? It's my favourite grass-type aquarium plant so far, seems to do well on it's own. I've tried Blyxa before and they needed more care than normal and melted pretty quickly.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #127 (Edited)
Good evening everyone!

Haven't posted in a while so I thought I'd share this picture of my ninja pygmy Cory balancing on a blade of grass! :lol:

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #128 (Edited)
Here's my study space. I get to have Callisto right next to me and to look at if I need to take a break from studying. It's always relaxing knowing he's right there to look at Haha, sometimes I turn to look at him and he's just staring at me o____o (probably wants food lol)

Anyways, this will be my spot for the next 3 hours... Ahhh hate those late night studying feels, I get so sleepy! :redoh:

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
Well that was a long night...

Good morning people! Callisto and Castor shall be getting their WC'S today. Think I might go out and buy some more IAL since I've run out. They definitely help Callisto's fins heal faster.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #130 (Edited)
Today I managed to buy a new filter for Castor's tank. It's an Aquatopia Cornerflow 300. Although it doesn't sit exactly in the corner of my tank because of the indents at the top of my tank ><

But with a bigger filter, I can put two awesome products by Seachem into it; DeNitrate and Purigen.

I've seen Purigen in action, that stuff makes water so crystal clear!:shock:
Wondering how well this DeNitrate works... Has anyone ever used it?

Oh and I'm happy this filter had a spray bar too! Gotta have that spray bar. The pygmy cories love racing up and down the back wall of the tank against the bubbles and current. :p

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Here's my study space. I get to have Callisto right next to me and to look at if I need to take a break from studying. It's always relaxing knowing he's right there to look at Haha, sometimes I turn to look at him and he's just staring at me o____o (probably wants food lol)
Nice! My desk is covered in tanks (hubby's too) we had to raise our monitors to make room for the fish ^^ its nice having so many around... just sucks when tank lights turn off.. it feels so dark. But I refuse to battle hair algae again so not extending photoperiod!

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #132
Nice! My desk is covered in tanks (hubby's too) we had to raise our monitors to make room for the fish ^^ its nice having so many around... just sucks when tank lights turn off.. it feels so dark. But I refuse to battle hair algae again so not extending photoperiod!
I'd love to have some more on my study desk but then I'd have no room to study... LOL!

Ahh yes, I haven't had to battle any algae as of yet, fingers crossed it never happens! I'm keeping my light periods very short but just enough for the plants to survive and not die haha

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #135
I just realised how far I've come from Callisto's tank! I'm so proud of myself hehe. :)

Before:

After:

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #139
You're tank really has come a long way. How are you liking the sand substrate?
Loving it, I think the plants appreciate sand substrate more than gravel. Also it improved the overall look and feel of the tank :)

Oooooooh yeah, it does look good! I very much like the sand. I think your tanks are like works of art, really.

Haha, that's a huge compliment! Thank you very much!

Loved reading this journal! Your tanks are so lovely! The water is so crystal clear. Did you buy Castor from aqua bid?

Glad you enjoyed it! Thank you!! Castor was purchased from a breeder auction in Australia which are imported from Thailand!

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #140 (Edited)
Adventures of Callisto &amp; Castor - BettaNard's Journal

I'm thinking of starting a Zen style tank project some time soon, once I save up some more $$$

Tanks that look like this leave me in awe. I'd probably purchase a lot frogbit or something similar to compensate for the lack of shade obviously. But this minimalistic approach has got my creative juices flowing.

Of course this type of tank isn't for everyone because I know there are many here who prefer heavily planted tanks, but I do want to give this a try at some point.

If I do get this type of tank up, you know what that means... A third addition to the betta family. :)

Credits go to @splendidbetta's on instagram account.

Edit: Holy look at this one...

Credit: @crazyaquariums

121 - 140 of 322 Posts