Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'd say probably overreacting.

If lets say it is something that isn't nothing, my guess would be some kind of growth, tumor, or bump or something pushing a scale up. If it's that, I still wouldn't worry. Some bettas have bumps and as long as it isn't bloody or gross and the fish's behavior is unchanged, it's probably benign.

I wouldn't worry. What I would do, is monitor your fish. Keep on eye on his scale, keep on eye on his behavior. Keep the water clean. If his behavior nor the scale change for awhile, it's almost certainly nothing to worry about. If he starts to change behavior, or the scale starts to get significantly worse, then you might have an issue. Just keep an eye on him.

·
Registered
61 Posts
It looks like an injury to me but I am not 100% certain. That being said, if it is an injury it can easily become infected if the water levels are too high. 1ppm ammonia is much too high and we like to see nitrate levels between 5-20. If it were mine I would do 4 25% water changes 4 hours apart to avoid shock. You can get some indian almond leaf for the tank to help with healing. Are there sharp bits on his plants or décor?
Didn’t even see the water parameters, great advice here

1 - 3 of 3 Posts