Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little less then a week ago i put an ADF in with one of my bettas. Since i got him he basically just chills in the heavily planted areas out of sight and sits there. The betta is pretty much ignoring it which is good but i have never seen the little guy surface or swim around really. In the store some of them were swimming around like crazy. I asked the man for a smaller one so he got me one of the little guys sitting at the bottom. I know they need to go up for air and i have watched the tank for hours since i put him in. how long can they hold their breaths for? does anyone have any experience to share about these guys?

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
I have no clue how long they can hold their breath for, but I suggest getting him an ADF friend. :) They are social!

·
Registered
482 Posts
No experience, and no idea how long they're able to hold their breath for, but I do second Doggyhog on the friend suggestions. They are social, and a pal might allow him to be more lively.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They seem to be doing well. still kinda nervous and hide alot but they come out when the lights off. I have seen the new one surface several times, my first one must be very sneaky because i have yet to see him swim up.

·
Registered
115 Posts
We had only one in my sons 20 gal community tank...he was always hiding...then we put two more in with him and now we see all of them out and about all the time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts