Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So if i my parents do let me get a 10g i would like to get some tankmates for felix. I have been thinking about african dwarf frogs
Here are the specs of the tank i might get:

Tank: 10gallon top fin or tetra
Filter: top fin power filter or tetra whisper
Heater: yes
Temperature: probably 78-80 degrees
Cycled: yes
Substrate: play sand from home depot
Live or fake plants: both
Tankmates: 1 male betta and maybe 4-6 black luhli loaches

Questions:

will adfs get along with those tankmates listed?

How hard are they to feed? My parents wont let me keep frozen fish food in the freezer so i will be using sinking frog and tadpole bits.

How many should i get?

I cant think of anymore questions right now but i might have more later. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
7 Posts
i have them they are amazing. I feed them the frog tabhole pellets they love them...a betta may pick on them...for a ten gallon Id say get 4. they like groups

·
Registered
18 Posts
Remember to provide 1 gal of water per inch of fully grown fish AT LEAST. This will keep you from having stressed out fish. ADFs are shy, passive little creatures and depending on a bettas personality they will do great. As for fish, anything that's not too flashy or has large fins will be ok with bettas. Good luck!

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
I would not keep kuhli loaches in such a small tank. A group of frogs would be much better. If you don't get all the frogs at the same time, additional ones will need to be quarantined for something like 3 months. There is a froggie disease that can wipe them out and it takes a while to manifest.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Loaches don't really follow the 'one gallon per inch of fish' rule... In fact not many fish do to be honest... I kept a group of six khulis and a few frogs with a betta together before, and they get along great. The only issue was that the khulis just hid all the time and only came out at night. Lol

Take a look at the link in my sig, there is a lot of great info in that thread about caring for frogs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts