Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok well....I finally got my Betta (Jasper/Jaz I really don't mind...) and he is in a 2.5 gallon Aqueon Mini Bow Filter from Petsmart. I am extremly mad at myself because I totally left out a very important detail, how often to do water changes!!!:oops: So please don't chew me out just imform me on water changes!! My mom suggested once a month and I said "errrr mayby...." but in my mind i was like " WHAAAAAATTT!!!!!???? NOOOOO!! IT WOULD KILL HIM!!!". Is that right??:shock:
Here is the Aqueaon I got: http://www.petco.com/product/10313/...px?CoreCat=MM_FishSupplies_FishTanksAquariums

Thanks in advance!!! Jaz says thanks too!! <3

·
Registered
308 Posts
If it's filtered, probably ever week and a half at 100%, with one to two water changes at 50% with gravel vacuum.
if its not filtered, probably once a week at 100% water change, with a mid week 50% water change and vacuum.
They like CLEAN water :D
Good luck!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks and yes it is filtered!

·
Registered
10,962 Posts
In a 2.5gal filtered tank-twice weekly water changes...1-50% water only and 1-50% with substrate cleaning by vacuum or stir and dip method...to maintain water quality.....

Filter media needs a swish/rinse in old tank water with a water change a couple of times a month and when the water flow slows to maintain good water flow

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok....cool!! My little Jaz just built his first bubble nest!! (it's only his second day!!) is that good???

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have just diognosed Jaz with fin-rot!! :shock: Caught it early and he is already on his way to recovery!! W hy do I feel stupid telling you guys this??:brow:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.