Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, not many people commented on Sarah's strange rot so here I'll give you the run down....

Sarah's pectoral fin went orange. Not coloring up - no, just a strange blotch of orange on the colorless fish. Later, it went away on it's own. After a couple days where the orange had disappeared, SO HAD THE FIN!! :-? She barely used it, and it always stayed flat against her side, but she swam normally otherwise. She later had passed.

Marge had gotten something similar. A random darker blue on her irredescent blue caudal fin. I did not take a chance, and immediately used Kanaplex in the sorority's tank. Everything was sanitized. Plants were quarantined.

Now it's back. ALL THREE BLUE FEMALES have this odd... darker... "block" of what I can only assume is rot! I don't want them to suffer Sarah's fate! :-( What is it?!! How long should I use Kanaplex? I intend on using kanaplex because it is THE strongest med I have! It's on the caudal fin only. I need to act fast - just in case! I know it's just like Sarah's fin, and it is NOT colors coming up :(

I will also need to move the females as I have guppies and plants in the 29. I do have a 10 gallon... just no filter. Will that work? I don't have space to put 3 females in 3 different spots - I have 2 girls in quarantine right now anyways.

·
Registered
10,781 Posts
Can you get a pic of this rot, Sena? I hope it's not a female equivalent of what the blue males get.

For now, yes, put everyone in the 10gg, that's fine. Use the Kanaplex for up to 7 days. Combine it with API Furan-2 if you can.

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have that too!! I don't think it is. It is slow moving, very distinct with the strange colors... Sarah was orange, these three is blue. Like.... a darker version of their colors. But I know it isn't normal. :-( I'll fill the vacant 10 gallon right away!

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I sure will :( I just wish I knew what I was dealing with!! I feel I may want to do the treatment a week after it's gone from sight (or 2 weeks maximum). Just to make absolute sure. All my guppies were and are healthy, some of the females are pregnant (which is what I wanted...mmm protein - for the bettas....)

·
Registered
10,781 Posts
It does seem odd, not like the normal rot. Treating for two weeks sounds like a good plan and I hope it takes care of it this time around.

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i decided to treat the tank itself, guppies and all. just in case... I have no idea what in the world this is.... but I don't need missing fins!!!

however, on another note what should i do with my pineapple girl? (i think she is pineapple)... she had a little ich when i got her. now she is powdered... and clamping up a bit. i have her in a 1 gallon treatment, with ich meds. she's really active though lol. i might stick her in the hottest room i have to up the temperature as i do not have a small enough heater... or i could float her. just it'd be awkward to float her and she'd get stressed in any of the tanks i could float her in because there are males. could i use AQ salt AND ich meds for better results?

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'll do that for her then. Poor little girl. The other one is in really could condition luckily.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts