Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been dying to make a journal, just to post interesting things that I see, talk about my bettas, and ask questions, all in ONE thread! I literally have so much I want to talk about that its not funny, and I want to share things so badly, but I don't want to post a new thread for everything. Well to start off, here are my beauties:

Rocket
~~~~
My first betta (well the first I have taken care of correctly), and he has been with me for almost 3 months.(Yeah he is still new) See after my two girls I had before him died, I just gave up for a bit, but I always looked at the betta food and water conditioner I had on my dresser. Then I started to want another one, but I was determined to take care of it right. So weeks later, right on the cloudy 4th of July, my mother came home with a tiny cylinder betta container, and Rocket. I was so happy, and I loved him at first sight. I put him in that cylinder not knowing that it was bad for him, but luckily I found this website, and researched as much as I could, so I could give him a happy life. He had the colors of 4th or July fireworks, so I named him Rocket. He is now in a hospital tank, with fin rot, that hopefully gets better soon. I am going to pick up some API Stresscoat soon to help his fins regenerate.

Attachments

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Iris
~~~
I received her and Penny shortly after I got the 2.5 for Rocket. My mom unfortunately thought that they could be with Rocket, because of what a petco employee told her, so I asked for advice, and separated them immediately, and sadly they are in quite small tanks still, and I am too ashamed to say how many gallons :oops:. But I know soon I will get one gallons for each until I get a 20 gallon for a sorority. Currently she is a pink little pig that gulps her food down faster than you can tell her to eat! :lol: I should have honestly named her ms. Piggy! She also has a chunk missing out of her fin, because of a divider mishap -_-, but it has been growing back nicely without any infection.
The first pic is her from when I first got her, and the others are her now.

Attachments

·
Registered
380 Posts
Well until you can upgrade instead of buying one gallons I suggest the large petco pet keeper. It is 3 gallons and pretty inexpensive :) Here's the link http://m.petco.com/product/12031/Pe...searchresults.aspx?Ntt=Kritter+keeper&x=0&y=0 and until then just please make during you are doing enough water changes. Also,it looks like you originally had Rocket in the Lee's Betta Keeper. I might buy that for when I do water changes.since you have owned it, do you think I should buy some of those for when I do water changes?(does it leak or have you had any problems with it?)

·
Registered
2 Posts
You could also get 2g (or more) storage bins from places like Walmart for cheap, and they work perfectly as temporary homes! I raised my baby betta in one until he was big enough to live in the divided 10g.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks a bunch! Next time I go to petco I will be sure to look for the pet keepers, and I actually might have storage bins...
I haven't had any problems whatsoever with it, and I think it will be great for water changes, so feel free to use them!

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Penny
~~~~
My tiny little blue crowntail that I got with Iris.
She definitely needs a lid no matter what... she jumps so much, for food, and I have even seen her do it without any motivation... she has jumped out of the cup in water changes... twice, and hopefully no more.
No doubt about it that she has feisty personality, despite her tiny size. ;-)
But I definitely love her to pieces. :3
The last photo is her now, the flash doesn't really show the right perspective though.

Attachments

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Last but Definitely not least,

Comet
~~~~
So one day I was telling my mother that I love EEs, and she said Petco just got plenty of them in. Yet she also explained one fish in great detail, saying it was beautiful. So of course I was eager to see them. When I finally went with my mother, we looked them over, and eventually my mom said "Oh come over here, I hid one." She brought me to the main fish center where they had betta fish cups all above the fish tanks. My mom grabbed a cup in the back, and when I saw the fish in that cup, without a doubt, I fell in love with him. I just carried him around, staring at him dreamingly, but when it was time to leave, I knew I had to put him back.
My mother knew how much I admired him, and when I was going to get groceries out of the car like a weekish later, she lifted his cup where I could see it. I was so excited and rushed him into the house. My mother also got a tank with him to put him in. I admired him all day, and I was trying to find names for him. I thought of comet, something similar to Rocket, and I googled pictures of Comets, and it was confirmed, he had been given his name! To this day, he is a skittish, but very beautiful and colorful guy, who swims away from his reflection a lot of the time. He has been moved to Rocket's 2.5 gallon, while he is healing from finrot.

Attachments

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I know, she sure does,
but the funny thing is, every fish that I like and show her on aquabid, she says they are ugly x_x. " He's ugly." or "I don't like him."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well yay! Fridays always feel amazing for me, but the joy always ends on Monday lol.
I am going to Petco, or Petsmart later today, so I will bring my phone and record what I find and buy! I just love going to the pet store, everything about it (well I don't like employees that give false information) but the last time I was at Petsmart they barely had any bettas, so it wont be as interesting if we go there.
Oh and just to clarify my wording, "buy". I don't have a job, because I am too young, but I am getting an allowance for doing homework with my brother's and being their little "at home teacher" so I wanted to buy some things that I like and possibly save the little SBD girl at Petco.
I have literally been thinking about her all the time, and I am so desperate to save her, because most likely she will die in that cup. Its just something about her I love too....
Well I will post pics of any pretty bettas I see at the store in another thread, and I will update on the SBD girl if I see her.

I would also like to know any tips on possibly curing or helping a betta with SBD, I am really leaning toward her.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thank you for caring to read, I am so honored.:-D

Well I went to Petsmart, and man are they expensive! A one gallon is $20!!!
That might not be expensive for some people, but I feel like it is...
The main fish area had some kind of spreading disease, so I couldn't get anything there, and I really wanted a nerite snail. 3:
But Oh my gosh! They had TONS of bettas!! There was a very beautiful black and white marble halfmoon, and he looked so much like a koi, but the red spot on his head was kind of suspicious...
There was this cute dark red Cambodian girl with black lipstick, and all kinds of multicolors. I thought of getting a mossball, but they were $10, so I decided to wait.
And of course, as the forgetful person I am, I forgot to take pictures ;~;
and it kind of has to do with the employee talking with my mom a short distance away...
So I ended up getting nothing in the end sadly. :|

I am thinking of getting a Pet supply Plus 10, or 20 gallon, and maybe even both,(they are $1 for a gallon) getting good filters, and heaters. (of course I know its expensive, I will save as much as I can.)
I eventually do want a sorority, of about 5 or 6 females in the 20gal
I have many goals, but I don't want to list them all now :lol: I have to at least get my females out of their small tanks first!

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Isnt it?? I always feel like they are saying in their heads "Why is that weirdo takin pics of random fish?"

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.