Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I decided to get a betta for my room and it turns out he had tons of hobbies! He chases his reflection most of the time but he also gets stuck on his filter and shows me how he can get unstuck. He also enjoys showing off his fins. I was wondering what are the hobbies other bettas do?

·
Registered
26 Posts
My betta likes to play in his filter too. He uses his fins to hold onto a plant and the current slowly pulls him under the baffle. He does it over and over! When I unplug the filter (it scared me the first few times) he wont even go near the filter!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh my gosh you can't believe how nervous I was when I found him doing it. I lost one of my bettas to a filter! I turn the filter off at night in fear that he will get stuck. That an I don't think he likes the current.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
My betta koi likes to chase Sakura on the other side of the divider. He does that almost all day while Sakura ignores him lol

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haha. Cool. I only have one betta so he has to make due with his reflection.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Oh my gosh you can't believe how nervous I was when I found him doing it. I lost one of my bettas to a filter! I turn the filter off at night in fear that he will get stuck. That an I don't think he likes the current.
Believe me I FREAKED the first time it happened but I watched him for a long time and he kept doing it, swimming faster each time. I hope if he doesnt like it he wont go near it, but when its off he wont go near it at all. I dont want to stress him with it on but, I think hes ok with it? There is plenty of space for him to be completely still, ive seen him do it. I think he thinks its fun, maybe like excersizing lol.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Maybe exercising. My betta is the most energetic thing I've ever seen in my life.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
My platinum HM male loves to hang out behind his heater. I used to worry about him, but he always comes to the front to beg at feeding time, so I guess he's OK.
My females all beg whenever I go near their tanks.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Haha! My betta has a cave and he is very cautious in it as if a shark was staring at him like he is a snack.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i posted this in the weird habit thread, but Swish likes to cram himself into the smalles spaces possible. I think he thinks he is a contortionist.
Wow. That's insane! My betta will only follow my finger with the food.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oops! I quoted that last post wrong! I was replying to evilVOG not djembekah. Sorry!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Awwh, I love this thread. Everyone's fish sound so cute! =']

My female veiltail, Ann, is SO energetic. She seems to like patrolling her tank, chasing her reflection, and gets really excited and shows off when someone comes into the room. If someone puts a finger near the glass, she'll chase it around. If they stay long enough, often she'll beg for food and swim around looking for some on the surface. She has a little cave that she'll swim into and then swim circles around. When she finally gets tired out from all of this, she finds a place on one of her plants to rest. Even that is super-cute. Never a dull moment!
I'm never bored or lonely in my room because she's just so active and seems to genuinely enjoy her life. :-D

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Awwh, I love this thread. Everyone's fish sound so cute! =']

My female veiltail, Ann, is SO energetic. She seems to like patrolling her tank, chasing her reflection, and gets really excited and shows off when someone comes into the room. If someone puts a finger near the glass, she'll chase it around. If they stay long enough, often she'll beg for food and swim around looking for some on the surface. She has a little cave that she'll swim into and then swim circles around. When she finally gets tired out from all of this, she finds a place on one of her plants to rest. Even that is super-cute. Never a dull moment!
I'm never bored or lonely in my room because she's just so active and seems to genuinely enjoy her life. :grin:
That sounds just like my betta only my betta doesnt rest in his plants. He prefers his rocks to rest on instead of plants. Dragon will sometimes take a break from his reflection and just stare at me...

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Sid plays ninja in his floating water lettuce, slithering in and out of the leaves, all the while checking out what's happening in the world outside his tank.

He likes to burrow into the middle of his fern-ball 'sofa' and then leap out when people walk past his tank. And he chills on his hammock, with his head hanging over the edge so he can watch us.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sid plays ninja in his floating water lettuce, slithering in and out of the leaves, all the while checking out what's happening in the world outside his tank.

He likes to burrow into the middle of his fern-ball 'sofa' and then leap out when people walk past his tank. And he chills on his hammock, with his head hanging over the edge so he can watch us.
Omg, thats hilarious! Dragon doesn't like to hide in things. When he goes into his cave he is VERY cautious to make sure he doesnt get stuck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yuki has a bit of a knack for gardening, meaning he loves exploring his plants, none of which are alive mind you. He also shadow boxes with his reflection and USED to hang around the filter for a bit, but he got used to it and now pays a great deal of attention to me now, as he's now recognizing me as his source for food.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts