Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been looking to see if I can feed my betta just frozen foods and no pellets or flakes. I currently switch between mysis shrimp, brine shrimp, and bloodworms. I can't seem to find any information regarding just a frozen food diet. I've had him approximately 6 weeks. The lid that he came in said he was a "Twin Tail Half Moon Betta" I don't know anything about them, so it could be correct, or it could be incorrect. Based off what I read they do have shorter bodies and are prone to swim bladder (?) so for the last 6 weeks I have fed him twice a day switching between the 3 above mentioned foods. I do have some Hikiari Gold pellets, but if he doesn't need them and he can safely eat a frozen food diet I would like to stay with doing that. I have pondered adding one day of pellets, or one a day with his frozen food diet. Any help or advise on a frozen food diet would be appreciated!

I probably should have posted this is Betta Fish Care section. I'm going to link it over there

·
Super Moderator
18,793 Posts
I feed mostly frozen and live. I do occasionally give the medium Fluval Bug Bites and NorthFin Betta Bits. I feel the latter two mainly so my Betta will know what pellets are should I need someone else to take care of them.

What I feed:
Bloodworms
Mini Bloodworms
Baby Brine Shrimp
Krill (rinsed)
Emerald Entree
Freshwater Frenzy

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! I'll add those to my list to try, and good point about the pellets too. I appreciate it:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts