Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey!
Does anyone have any lighting suggestions for All Living Things Critter Totes? I ADORE them as a tank for my Bettas :-D But they don't have a light, which I hate!

I used to have this tank: http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11164165&lmdn=Fish+Aquariums+&+Bowls

So I stole the light from it, and bent it like crazy to fit it on my tote tank! It doesn't give off much light for my 2 gal tote :-( And I plan on getting 1-2 more totes as tanks for more fish, so would like a light!

·
Registered
181 Posts
I have yet to get my hands on the critter keeper light so I don't know about that but I use a desk lamp to light up the tank with a bulb that doesn't really heat up works well for me

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have yet to get my hands on the critter keeper light so I don't know about that but I use a desk lamp to light up the tank with a bulb that doesn't really heat up works well for me
Thanks! I might just go to the pet store and look around for something haha, such a pain

·
Registered
102 Posts
Thanks! I'd rather have a light on the tank, to save room. Dragonfly is ontop of a VERY small book shelf. Would be difficult to fit a lamp on it too! :)
Well if you do change your mind, there are clamp on lamps that work well. Also, you might want to try using a Marina betta light. It's and LED and extremely bright. Good bang for the buck.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well if you do change your mind, there are clamp on lamps that work well. Also, you might want to try using a Marina betta light. It's and LED and extremely bright. Good bang for the buck.
Sweet! I will look into the Marina Betta light for sure :-D

·
Registered
352 Posts

i was going to recommend that but i heard that lights are really not that bright, have you used it?

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
lol thats wayyyy to expensive, you might as well get another tank
HAHA I can't believe I didnt look at the price! Is natural light for them ok? Maybe I don't NEED a light... I always have my blinds open during the day

·
Registered
352 Posts
HAHA I can't believe I didnt look at the price! Is natural light for them ok? Maybe I don't NEED a light... I always have my blinds open during the day

yea natural light is perfect fine, just dont put the tank in direct sunlight , i understand why you want a light though lol i been lookin for one myself but there tricky for critter keepers

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yea natural light is perfect fine, just dont put the tank in direct sunlight , i understand why you want a light though lol i been lookin for one myself but there tricky for critter keepers
Natural light it is! Haha :-D Waaay easier. Yeah I would never put my fishy in direct sun light. I'm getting 2 new Betta fish soon! :-D Totally excited haha

1 - 20 of 22 Posts