Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my bettas after eating, ALWAYS gets a stomach that looks like he is literally about to explode that its that full.
I feed him the same amount as my other betta ( my other betta looks perfectly fine) He poops normal but it just freaks me out, why his stomach gets so big!!???! I feed him a pinch of either flakes or these Aquaone pellets ( like the reallllly tiny pellets, i was misinformed when i got them lol)
and sometimes 1 frezze dried blood worm as desert. Like i said both bettas get the same amount of food, they both poop normal but one just gets a gut that looks like he is about to burst with eggs or something lol.
I have also tried feeding him less, but when i do it looks like he gets stressed and bites his tail kinda like a retaliation for me not feeding him ( i am soo forreal on that one)
Also he eats his own poop ( gross i know) will that hurt him at all? i try to get all of it that i can but there is always that little bit and he gets at it.
Thanks in advance ^.^

· Registered
1,126 Posts
My fish hanubusa does the SAME thing!!!!!!!( not the poop eating part though lol and no that won't hurt him)

· Registered
267 Posts
one of my bettas does that too! his belly swells up so quickly. i can feed him one pellet and it looks like his belly is getting big already. but he poops fine, so i dont worry. and i have noticed when i do feed him less, he will pick at his poop. so i just continue to feed what i normally do lol. as long as he is pooping okay i dont see a problem in it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.