Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to Petco to hopefully get another Betta. They usually have a few nice ones, but this time was different. Every Betta was GORGEOUS, and they had almostevery kind of betta. It took me half an hour at least to decide on which to get. I will post a picture of the one I bought, but here are some beauties I just HAD to take pictures of :-D

·
Registered
104 Posts
I'm from the Chicago burbs too! Nice to see another betta lover nearby :) the Petco I go to has been getting some gorgeous bettas lately! I have to stop myself from going in or else I walk out with more fish.. lol

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Cool. My petco has nice bettas and regular fish. Who would of thought a petco would have, stiphodon gobies, gold nugget plecs, wild bettas, royal plecs, chile rasboras, female dwarf gouramis, ect...
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm from the Chicago burbs too! Nice to see another betta lover nearby :) the Petco I go to has been getting some gorgeous bettas lately! I have to stop myself from going in or else I walk out with more fish.. lol
Hey! Fellow Chicagoan :D In the last year my Petco has started getting nicer ones and begun taking better care of them. They change the water like every other day now. If I had the space, I probably would have bought 5 :-?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cool. My petco has nice bettas and regular fish. Who would of thought a petco would have, stiphodon gobies, gold nugget plecs, wild bettas, royal plecs, chile rasboras, female dwarf gouramis, ect...
Posted via Mobile Device
That's a lot of cool fish! My Petco has a decent amount, but nothing REALLY special.

·
Registered
Tao: Butterfly Halfmoon, Ivan: Kitty!, Firefly: TB Horse<3
2,685 Posts
Pretty!
I got a CTxHMxRT mix with dragonscaling at Petco once xD. He's a HM with slight ruffles and teeny double rays at the end of his fins, hard to see in picture because he's always moving when I try to take a pic of him. And his coloring goes light blue to dark blue subtly across his body with white tips. It's my boy, Atlas.

You can get some crazy and amazing fish at Petco xD.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Pretty!
I got a CTxHMxRT mix with dragonscaling at Petco once xD. He's a HM with slight ruffles and teeny double rays at the end of his fins, hard to see in picture because he's always moving when I try to take a pic of him. And his coloring goes light blue to dark blue subtly across his body with white tips. It's my boy, Atlas.

You can get some crazy and amazing fish at Petco xD.
True! Its funny you mention that because I still might go back to Petco for the 2nd Betta pictures and I was gonna name him Atlas xD

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
...looks like I won't be getting the other Betta. Olympus ( the Betta I did get at Petco) somehow figured out how to jump the divider in the tank. He FREAKED me out when I saw he was on the opposite side.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
xD I'd die of laughter if you did that. Just lower the water level and he won't be able to jump over.

Three things for the future on dividers:
Check where it meets the substrate at the bottom. Is there any spaces? Make sure the substrate is up against the bottom so no fishies sneaking under.

Secure the sides so they're flat against the glass so no fishies getting through the sides.

And lastly, lower the water level so if the fishy jumps, they might hit the divider and fall back into their side instead of getting into the other side. But if the water level is low enough-they won't attempt jumping.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
xD I'd die of laughter if you did that. Just lower the water level and he won't be able to jump over.

Three things for the future on dividers:
Check where it meets the substrate at the bottom. Is there any spaces? Make sure the substrate is up against the bottom so no fishies sneaking under.

Secure the sides so they're flat against the glass so no fishies getting through the sides.

And lastly, lower the water level so if the fishy jumps, they might hit the divider and fall back into their side instead of getting into the other side. But if the water level is low enough-they won't attempt jumping.
I'll probably lower the water level. My dad filled it to the VERY top. And he keeps on jumping across! Apparently he likes to live on the edge.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Yeah-I just got my first Petco where I live a few months ago. We only had a Petsmart, the grand opening of Petco was only a few months ago here and the manager is a knowledgable fish person. The Bettas still die and all, but she tries to change the cups as much as possible, all of the Bettas have clear water, even the sick ones.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts