Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after assuring myself I didn’t even want another fish from the store and that I was ok with 4 betta tanks, I went through the pet store for pet food and.. ended up going back for a fish I saw. I swore I’d never get another galaxy koi plakat too, not after losing jasper and gg.

But here he is... he had this damage in the cup. I tested the cup water and the ammonia was at about 1.5.

He’s now in a hospital tank and swimming around comfortably.

Is there anything beyond the usual salt and tea/leaves I can do to help this guy?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
18,843 Posts
Nope. I do not believe new fish should be medicated unless it is a life or death situation. Too much stress in too short a time.

Ammonia poisoning is indicated by black gill membranes (can't remember technical name). Red or pink is normal.

He's a cutie. :)

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope. I do not believe new fish should be medicated unless it is a life or death situation. Too much stress in too short a time.

Ammonia poisoning is indicated by black gill membranes (can't remember technical name). Red or pink is normal.

He's a cutie. :)
Wonderful, I will stick with the usual routine then.

Tried to get a better shot of his gill, it's possible part of it is his coloring but the fact that it sticks out is noticeable.

And thank you, he's a happy addition so far. But I'm doing my ordering online as much as possible to avoid such additions - especially as any other fish at those stores are just not healthy either.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts