Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, the anacharis I put in Tiberius's tank about a 2 weeks ago is growing out of control and I want to do some clippings for a new 3g filtered tank I just purchased! My question is .... where exactly do I do the clipping? A bunch of the shoots have new buds or have already grown a whole new stem!

Thanks
T

·
Registered
194 Posts
You can cut the stem just about anywhere. I would go about half way down the stem and cut it there. That way the cutting is a decent size, and you cut off enough that you don't have to trim it too frequently.
If you really want to get crazy you could cut it at any joint it has put out roots...

·
Registered
116 Posts
So, the anacharis I put in Tiberius's tank about a 2 weeks ago is growing out of control and I want to do some clippings for a new 3g filtered tank I just purchased! My question is .... where exactly do I do the clipping? A bunch of the shoots have new buds or have already grown a whole new stem!

Thanks
T
You're probably going to want to pull it out and cut the bottoms off and replant the tops unless you want to encourage lateral growth. That's how I trim my cabomba.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts